Status: Finished.

Stranger Than Fiction

010

I stayed kind of closed off to everyone but Zacky. I mean, I talked to the group and hung out, but I tried to stay away so they would be safe. I didn’t want to get them hurt or killed. They should have moved me from California, but they decided not to do it. I really wish they would make me leave. I love Zacky, but he’s in danger because of me.

Val walked into the living room, and handed me a cookie. She smiled and sat down next to me.

“We all miss you Jase. I know you’re protecting us, but we love you. Just remember that, okay?” she said, hugging me.

“I know, and I appreciate and love you guys, too.”

We had a lengthy conversation about everything from my family to Zacky to everyone else. It felt nice to get everything out, and Val always can make me feel better. I think she’s better than a shrink.

“Feel better?” she asked.

I smiled, “Much. Thanks for always being here for me.”

“You’re welcome girly.”

She hugged me once again and got up to leave. Zacky walked into the living room, and picked me up.

I giggled, “What in the world are you doing?”

“You’ll see,” he said, smiling.

We ended up in our room, and yes, we had sex. Last time, it was nice and slow. This time, we both used up our frustration and anger and had rough sex. I think I will end up with bruises tomorrow.

Three months have passed since my family was killed. Jansen still hasn’t been found, but they know for a fact that he did it. They have proof, but they just have to find him.

Zacky and I are doing amazingly. The guys have started recording some things, and I’m incredibly proud of them.

The day it happened was a blur. I had just left the house, and was on my way to see Zacky at the studio.

I was on PCH and almost there, when two cars came out of nowhere, well, they ran the damn red light and smacked right into me. All I remember from the actual crash is screeching metal, and seeing my blood everywhere. I couldn’t handle it so I passed out.
I could hear the beeping of the machines and Zacky calling my name. He was crying and telling me he loved me.

“Beeeeepppppp.” I flat lined.

Doctors and nurses rushed to my aid, and even used a crash cart. I was watching myself being shocked and Zacky was watching too.

They worked on me for over fifteen minutes.

“Time of death 1:20 p.m.”

“WHAT?!” I screamed, panic rising in my throat.

I couldn’t be dead. I just couldn’t be. I’m a fighter, damn it. I was not going to die today. That bastard took my family and I’ll bet he was the one that hit me. I will not die.

I felt myself taking a deep breath, and start choking.

“Holy shit! Jasey?” I heard Zacky call.

“Doctor, she’s alive.”

The doctors ran back into my room, shoved an oxygen mask on me and started running tests.

Zacky was at my bedside not too long after they were done.

“I love you Jase. I thought I lost you.”

“I love you, too, and you did lose me. I’m just too fucking stubborn to die just yet. I saw my body, Zack. I saw them using the paddles on me and heard them call my time of death. Something was pulling me back into my body.”

“Well, I’m just so happy you’re back, and now we can move on with our life.”

I looked at him confused, “How?”

“Jansen is dead and his gang is locked up. They were the ones who hit you. He died on impact.”

“Holy shit.”

“Yeah, I know.”

And so, with him being gone, my life is semi-better.
I was still in the hospital a week later, but I went ahead and legally changed my name to Jasey Rae Johnson. Megan was gone for good with everything I’d been through, and I didn’t want to look back.

My real family was gone, but I did have family. The guys and the girls made sure I knew they loved me and I was part of their crazy family.

Zacky was sitting next to me on my bed, while everyone was crammed into my room. The nurses were going to have a shit fit when they see everyone in here.

I took in everyone and looked up and smiled. Somewhere, my parents and my sister were looking down on me, and smiling.

Sometimes, life really is stranger than fiction.