Dream as if You'll Live Forever, Live as if You'll Die Today.

Chapter Seven

Victoria shot up in bed, her face covered in sweat. Her hands flew around the bed, looking for something. Joshua rolled over next to her. She wiped away a few beads of sweat and shook her head. She glanced down at Joshua but he was still fast asleep.

“Josh? Joshua?”

He didn’t wake up. She leaned against the headboard and reached for her phone on her end table. She flipped it open, her hands shaking and clicked on a number already programmed in her contacts. It seemed to ring forever. A woman with a kind voice picked up.

“Hi, Mary. It’s Victoria, can I speak to him? It’s important.”
The woman put her on hold and Victoria nervously picked at her cuticles. A man picked up the phone and Victoria tensed.

“Hi, Dr. Riggio, it’s Victoria Villacari. How are you?”

“I’m fine, Victoria, how are you? It’s pretty late, you know. I was just getting ready to leave for the night,” he joked.

“I know, and I’m sorry I called so late. It’s just- I needed to tell you tonight, I didn’t think it could wait.”

“What is it?” he asked, all joking in his voice gone.

“I want to cancel my abortion.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The reason all the parts are so short is because it was an assignment for my creative writing class. I hoped you liked it, it made my teacher cry :]