I Want to Be the Prettiest Wreck You've Ever Seen

Introductions

I clenched my jaw together and took a deep breath through my nose to keep from screaming.

“Listen-“ I started, trying to reason once more with the security guard blocking my way. “Kevin Ritter is expecting me. He told me I could be here.” I said. He was shaking his head before I had even finished.

“I’m sorry, Miss. You don’t have a pass-I can’t let you in.” He said firmly, not really sounding sorry at all. I clenched my fists harder, my arms bent at my elbows-trying my damndest to not shake his muscular shoulders.

“But he said I wouldn’t need a pass.” I argued.

“Sorry.” He said again. I let out a loud frustrated ‘UGH!’ that caught the attention of a guy passing behind the boulder sized security guard.

Recognition flickered across the guy’s face as his eyes landed on mine even though I have no clue how he would know me. I wasn’t famous in the least, and this guy, Rob Pattinson, most definitely was.

I refrained from grinding my teeth-it would only give me a headache later so I opted for rolling my eyes as he jogged our way. The juiced up rent-a-cop eyed me as I continued to stand there in stony silence.

“Is there a problem, here?” Rob asked, his smooth voice giving me a strange glimmer of hope.

“Yes.” I said, shaking from frustration. “I’m supposed to be in there-“ I explained for what felt like the hundredth time, pointing behind Rob. “But he won’t let me in.” I said. Even as I said it I realized how lame my excuse sounded. ‘Because one of the movie directors said so.’? Jesus-no wonder the guard wouldn’t let me in. The spark of momentary hope began to fade as Rob just looked at me.

“Alright, Miss, that’s enough. I’m sorry, Mr. Pattinson.” The boulder said, sounding truly apologetic to Rob, pushing me away from the set lot I was supposed to be in. I groaned loudly, stumbling from the force of his dust-pan sized hands, pushing back against it but it didn’t do any good. He was a brick wall. If I ever found Kevin-I was going to kill him.

“Wait.” Rob said, still watching me. “Its alright-she’s with me.” He said, holding open the chain link fence gate for me. A sigh rushed out of my lungs in relief-I could kill Kevin sooner rather than later.

The guard stopped pushing and dropped his hand. I had been resisting as hard as I could and when he removed his hand I started to fall backwards, letting out a surprised ‘OH!’ The guard caught me by my shoulders, blew out a sigh and lifted me up by my upper arms. He turned around and gently set me down in front of Rob.

“She’s all yours, Mr. Pattinson.” He said. “Good luck.” He mumbled as an after thought. Rob held out his arm, meaning for me to link mine with his. I turned and gave the guard a smug smirk and laced my arm with Rob’s as he started to lead me away from the gate. It was a few moments before he spoke again.

“I’m Robert-you can call me Rob, though. Most everyone does.” He said. I smiled.

“Margrette Spencer.” I said, offering my own name. “Or Maggie.” I added.

“Don’t like being called Peggy?” He teased. I chuckled.

“It’s not one of my favorites, but I’ll answer to it.” I said.

“Ah.” He said simply. I glanced around and saw a girl up in a tree over the fence taking pictures of Rob and me walking. I felt my face flush as I turned towards him so my back was to her. I’m not one for being the center of attention.

“You have a fan girl.” I said quietly. He smirked and removed his arm from mine, putting it around my shoulders.

“Just ignore her. We always do.” He said, flashing a brilliant smile.

“Oh-alright.” We reached a building and he held the door open for me. I flashed him my own smile.

“Thank you.” I said. I looked around the room and saw it wasn’t a room at all-but rather a hall way for a school.

“Oh God.” I mumbled. Rob stopped a few feet in front of me.

“What?” He asked, confused.

“And I thought I was done with school for good.” I said, letting out a heavy sigh. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to joke and laugh with this guy I barely knew in spite of...everything.

He looked at me for a minute before letting out a laugh.

“Come on.” He said, taking my hand and leading me down the hallway and into a room that looked similar to my old biology classroom with lab benches and other materials that belonged in a science lab.

Rob clapped a man on the back, still holding my hand. The man turned and I saw it was Kevin. I smiled slightly, wondering how Rob knew to bring me here-I hadn’t mentioned Kevin. Rob squeezed my hand lightly before letting go and going to sit down at an empty lab bench. Kevin turned to me and a huge smile lit up his handsome face. He pulled me into a tight hug.

“You’re early.” He whispered. I shook my head.

“I told you yesterday that I was arriving today.” I reminded him. He looked at me and paused, like he was trying to remember.

“You did?” He asked, confused. I nodded. “Oh-whoops.” He smiled and led me to the door of the room. He was about to say something but his eyes flickered to behind me above my head. I turned and looked to see two guys walked towards us. I recognized one of them as Kellan Lutz from a movie I had seen once called Stick It. I didn’t recognize the other guy, though. Kellan Lutz was really tall-roughly 6’1’’ and the guy walking next to him was a few inches shorter-but both of them were ridiculously tall compared to my slender 5’4’’ frame. Kellan grinned when he saw Kevin and waved.

“Hey, fellas. Listen-I have to do the scene so will you do me a favor?” He asked them, his hand on my shoulder.

“Sure, boss-what’s up?” Kellan asked. The other guy next to him was texting, not paying attention. He was gorgeous. Incredibly gorgeous. A smirk played at the corners of his smooth lips that made my heart stutter. He almost looked like Johnny Depp, but his eyes weren’t set quite as deep. I bit my lip and quickly looked at the ground. I vaguely became aware that Kevin was talking about me.

“She’s already met Rob-so if you guys could introduce her to everyone else for me.”

“Sure-no problem.” Kellan said. I heard the cell phone snap shut and I looked up.

“Maggie, this is Kellan Lutz.” Kevin said, I already knew that. “And Jackson Rathbone.” He said, motioning to the other guy. Jackson Rathbone. I smiled sheepishly at them, hating to be called to the center of attention.

“This is Maggie Spencer.” Kevin said. Kellan waved, grinning and Jackson just smiled warmly. His smile sent my heart into overdrive. Kevin pushed me towards them and I bumped into Kellan’s muscular chest.

“Gotta go make a movie.” He said. I turned to glare at him but he had already disappeared into the room. Kellan chuckled.

“Come on. We’ll show you around.” He said. “This is our lovely Kristen!” He said, pointing to a pretty girl with chestnut hair and pale skin. She looked up and waved at us, flashing a brilliant smile. “You’ll have to meet her later. She’s ready for her close up, Mr. Deville!” Kellan said in a dramatic tone, putting the back of his hand to his forehead. I chuckled. Jackson just shook his head, a small smile on his face.

“This way!” Kellan said excitedly, draping a long, muscular arm around my shoulders and leading me down the hallway in the direction they just came from. “Wow you’re short.” He commented as we walked. I scoffed before I could stop myself. Jackson looked at me.

“Well, we can’t all be freakishly tall.” I retorted. They both laughed.

“True-only the gifted are allowed.” Kellan said. I rolled my eyes.

“Just the special ones?” I clarified.

“Yup.” He said proudly as we turned down another hallway.

“Like the eat-paste special ones?”

“Yup.” He said just as proudly-then he paused. “Hey!” Jackson choked back his laughter next to me.

“Good one.” He said, still laughing. His voice was like velvet, enticingly smooth and warm. I nodded my head just once in his direction, my brain failing to work right for a few seconds. Kellan moved me to the other side of him before pushing Jackson into the wall. I laughed as they got into a shoving fight.

“Boys.” A female voice said next to me. I jumped and turned to see a really pretty girl with short dark brown hair. “Sorry-I’m Ashley Greene.” She said, offering me her hand. I shook it, smiling.

“Maggie Spencer.” I said. I turned my eyes back to the guys. “Are they always like this?” I asked as Kellan jumped on Jackson’s back.

“Yup.” She smiled. “I suppose they’re supposed to be taking you around.” She said. I nodded, still watching them. “Come on, I’ll take you. Chances are-they’ll get too distracted.” She chuckled.

“Alright.” I said, a little disappointed at having to leave the boys. She showed me all around the school they were filming in. We reached the cafeteria and she led me over to a table where a pretty blonde was sitting with two other guys.

“This is Nikki Reed,” She said, pointing to the blonde. “Taylor Lautner,” She said, pointing to a young guy with long black hair and dark skin. “And Cam Gigandet.” She pointed to the last guy with blonde hair. “Guys, this is Maggie Spencer.” I waved, but didn’t say anything. Taylor moved over and patted the spot next to him as Ashley sat next to Cam.

“Have a seat.” He said. “Technically-I don’t bite.” He said, chuckling to himself. Nikki, Cam and Ashley all rolled their eyes. I smiled to myself as I gently sat down. I understood his little joke.

“You know what movie we’re doing, right?” Cam asked me. I nodded.

“I’ve also read the books-so I got your pun.” I said, looking at Taylor. He beamed proudly. I smiled.

“Can you guess who plays who?” Cam asked teasingly. I smiled and pointed to Ashley.

“Alice.” Nikki. “Rosalie.” Taylor. “Jacob.” I pointed to Cam. “James?” I guessed. They all clapped. I gave two short little bows. “Thank you, thank you-I’ll be here all week.” I said.

“So who else have you met?” Taylor asked, looking at me.

“Um-Kellan, Jackson and Rob. And Kristen from a distance. She was going to do a scene with Rob.” I said. Cam looked at Ashley.

“Where are Kellan and Jackson?” He asked.

“Fooling around-so I kidnapped Maggie, here.” She said.

“As usual.” Nikki said, laughing. I subconsciously made all the conversation background humming as my thoughts drifted into nothing. Out of nowhere-Jackson’s beautiful face popped up in the blackness of my thoughts. I jumped just as a pair of hands came down on my shoulders, squeezing them a few times. I looked up at the owner of the hands and saw Kellan grinning at me as Jackson sat next to Ashley-directly across from me. I moved closer to Taylor so Kellan could sit next to me.

“You left us.” He pouted, motioning between him and Jackson. I shrugged casually, but my heart beat sped up.

“I didn’t think you’d miss me.” I said.

“Well, we did.” He said defensively.

“Alright. I’ll remember that for next time.” I said. He patted the top of my head.

“Good.”