Neverland

“Neverland. How do we get there?”

"Do you ever wish you were Peter Pan?"

Takanori lifts his head, and he chuckles as he smiles up at the blonde, raising an eyebrow. "Peter Pan?" he questions, and he smiles a little as Akira chuckles and presses a gentle kiss to his forehead.

"Yeah. Peter Pan." The blonde smiles, and he turns a little to face the dark-haired man, and he reaches out to twirl Takanori's hair between his fingers, the gesture absent if anything. "A fairy for a friend, fairy dust to toss around, the ability to fly." He smiles again, and he secretly thinks that each word that's left his mouth is ridiculous.

"I think you've already accomplished one of those goals, love." Akira chuckles, and Takanori quirks a grin, leaning in to claim a kiss. He pulls back, and he's met by a raised eyebrow, and he smiles, touching Akira's cheek. "I think you're forgotten our dearly beloved guitarist." He chuckles, and he claims another kiss, and there's a twinkle in his eye when he pulls back. "Kouyou's a bit of a fairy at times, ne?"

Akira chuckles, and he smiles, and Takanori swears that he catches a twinkle in the blonde's eyes. "It's not just that, though." He sighs, and he lets his fingers slip from dark hair to Takanori's cheek. His expression softens, and his voice drops into a gentler tone. "Peter Pan got to stay young forever, too." His smile softens, too, and he meets Takanori's gaze. "He got to go to Neverland, and he got to stay young forever."

"So you want to be Peter Pan, hmm?"

"I wouldn't mind the perks." He emits a short laugh, enjoys a short kiss from his love, and brushes his fingertips through the feather-light strands of Takanori's hair. "I'd only be Peter Pan if you went with me, though. Wouldn't be worth it otherwise." He smiles a little, and he continues stroking Takanori's hair because it feels right and because he knows his hand would be shaking if it were still.

Takanori smiles, and he releases a soft sigh that tells Akira he's content. "Guess I've got no choice, then." The corners of his mouth twitch, and his eyes flash with childlike delight. "Besides. It'd be terrible of me to send you off alone." He releases a quiet laugh, and he smiles as mock offense takes over the blonde’s expression. "Captain Hook would murder you, love."

"Mm, maybe." Akira smiles, and his heartbeat skips as Takanori reaches up and takes his hand, gently twining their fingers together. "Good thing you wouldn't let me go alone, then." He watches with a small smile as Takanori kisses his knuckles, and he feels his heartbeat threaten to pick up. "So if you went, who do you think you'd be?" Takanori laughs a little, and Akira can't help but do the same. "You could be Wendy. She's pretty-" Takanori snorts at the word, "-she's incredibly smart, and she's positively amazing at taking care of others."

Takanori smiles. "Akira, love. I don't know where you've been for the last few years." He chuckles, and he looks up at the blonde, and he kisses his hand and grins. "But I am most definitely not a woman." He chuckles as Akira rolls his eyes, and he lets their intertwined hands drop to his lap. "I'm flattered that you think I'm like her, though."

Akira smiles, and he gives Takanori's hand a squeeze. "Well, you're certainly not a pirate, and you're definitely not Nana." He chuckles as the dark-haired man rolls his eyes at the idea, and he brings his free hand up to rest on Takanori's cheek. "And you don't carry a teddy, so you can't be Michael."

"Perhaps I'm John, then." He smiles, and he presses a kiss to Akira's thumb as it gently sweeps over his cheek. "He's smart, not much younger than Peter, and he rules in Peter's stead." Another smile, and he's quiet for a moment, and then when he speaks again, his voice is soft. "I could watch over the Lost Boys while you sleep."

"Takanori, love."

"Hm?"

"You already do."

Takanori is silent for a moment, and then he leans forward, and he decides that a soft kiss is the best response. He gives Akira's hand a squeeze, and he smiles against the blonde’s mouth as he kisses him again, and the smile stays as he draws back. "So we go to Neverland. If you're Peter, I'm assuming you know how."

Akira smiles, and he chuckles. "If only I had fairy dust." He sighs a little dramatically, earning a small laugh from Takanori, and he grins. "I could sprinkle some on the both of us, and then all you'd have to do is think of one happy thought." He strokes the dark-haired man's cheek, and he gazes into his eyes, and he feels his heart skip a beat.

"And what would that one happy thought allow me to do?"

"Fly." He smiles at the word, and he feels his stomach flip and his heart swell, and he's certain that his pulse is ready to completely let loose. "One happy thought, and we'd be able to fly away forever to a place where we'd never have to grow up." He bites his lip at the thought, and his cheeks flush just slightly as Takanori's expression changes.

"One happy thought, hm?"

Akira nods, and he smiles. "Just one."

Takanori chuckles, and he releases Akira's hand, and he lifts his hands to frame the blonde’s face. Their eyes meet, and Akira can feel his cheeks heat, and his pulse is positively racing now that Takanori is touching him. The dark-haired man smiles, and he kisses the bridge of Akira's nose, and he whispers, "Then I guess I'm flying."

"Yeah?"

Takanori nods, and a soft breath of a laugh leaves his lips. "I've had this happy thought for years." He brushes at the blonde’s cheeks with his thumbs, making Akira shiver, and he gently settles closer, sitting back on his ankles so that their forms are nearly touching, and he lets his eyes half-close, resting their foreheads together. "What now, Peter? If I can live with you forever in Neverland, I'd very much like to know how to get there."

Akira lifts his gaze just enough to meet Takanori's, and he feels his heartbeat absolutely racing, and he lifts his arms to gently wrap them around his love. He nudges forward just slightly so that their lips meet, and when he draws back, he lifts a hand to gently brush it through dark hair. "You sure you want to know?"

"Positive."

Akira lets his hand return to the dark-haired man's waist, slipping around him to meet the other, and he gently pulls Takanori close to him, and he's quiet for a moment. His gaze and Takanori's gaze hold on to each other, and Akira is positive that his cheeks are burning beneath his love's hands, and he's sure that he's never cared less.

"...Akira?"

“Hmm?”

“Neverland. How do we get there?”

"Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is love. <3