The Greatest Love Of All.

Comfortably Confused.

“Thanks for what you wrote in the article, it was nice to read that my band is something worth listening to. I owe you something. What about a coffee together? Eric xoxo”

Eric was extremely happy for the good review I did about his band. I was totally objective: they were good guys and their music was nice. And most of all, they didn’t act like complete douches thinking my aim was getting a bit of fame. I accepted Eric’s offer to go out for a coffee together, so we decided to keep in touch. I didn’t know what he wanted from me –even if Elliott had one idea in her mind- but as for that moment I was simply happy to get to know him better. He seemed a cool kid, that’s all.
We texted frequently and he told me he wasn’t going to be in L.A. for a month so we postponed our…
Yes, what was that? A date? I didn’t know. I wasn’t good at that. Elliott thought it was a proper date cause she had a weird list of things that guys do if they want you. I still tried to figure her out, after a month.

“Have you heard the news?”

“Of course not”

“I knew that – well The Maine are going to do an acoustic session this Saturday near the campus. Are you coming?"

I felt my heart trembling. The Maine meant John. Seeing The Maine playing meant seeing John again. I probably wasn’t ready for that. I wouldn’t say I was still angry with him for what he said to me, cause after that talk in the parking lot I tried to…let’s say, forgive him. But I didn’t want to see him. There was too much tension between us. I didn’t find him that nice as I thought he was, even if he was utterly hot. I felt for that hotness once and I knew I did the wrong thing cause then he treated me like shit, but it was hard.
Thinking of his gorgeous green eyes made me get the hummingbird heartbeat.

“Are you going?”

“Yes, I guess. They were ok at Warped”

She saw me a bit thoughtful and most of all, worried.

“Annie is everything ok?”

“Yes, totally! Why wouldn’t I be ok”

“Well, because you look like I just told you your cat died or something”

“I don’t have a cat”

“I’m serious”

“So am I. Everything is all right. I will come to that jam session or whatever that is if you like the band”

“I don’t want to force you if you don’t like them. I mean they’re ok but I don’t really give a fuck- I just thought it was nice to go cause I know you know them”

I looked at her like I saw a ghost. I thought she didn’t know that. But probably that Nick she was still going out with had a big mouth. People spread the word fast in Los Angeles.

“Nick told me he saw you at Warped talking to them before you decided to review A Rocket To The Moon. You didn’t tell me anything. I thought it didn’t matter to you but as I can see from your reaction, there’s something more I don’t know”

“There’s nothing to say about that. I found Nick’s band better, that’ all”

I was speaking with a cold voice. There was something about that band I had to share and that had been in my mind for a long time but I really didn’t know where to start. I like their music and in the last month I’ve been listening to their album 24/7. John’s voice was the soundtrack of my days. I was shy to tell Elliott about what happened at Warped. It was useless to hide it anymore though. So I decided to speak up.

“Are you sure? You know I’m here to talk whenever you need it. I know I wasn’t that good at the beginning with you but now we are friends and…”

“Stop with all that friendly crap- I got it”

I used to be kind of rude when I felt under pressure. She looked at me like I flashed her.

“Ok then. Just tell me what happened so I can figure out why you’re acting like a jerk”

“Well…when I got at Warped that day I saw The Maine first and I decided to review them. They were all kind with me, especially Kennedy, the guitarist. I got to see them from the backstage and I ate with them also. I was doing my job, interviewing them and stuff when the singer, the skinny one, told me basically to get the fuck off cause he thought I was there just to sleep with them. Like I was a band slut. I got mad and we had a fight, so I decided to review some other band, that’s when we met and I found A Rocket To The Moon a better band to review. At least they were nice with me. When I decided to go back and I left you there John came to me and apologized for being such an asshole”

“And then what? Did you tell him you were good with it or…”

“He asked me to be friends but I kind of denied his request”

“Are you mad or what? That John guy is freaking hot!”

“He is a complete idiot”

“He apologized!”

“Just cause Kennedy told him to. I don’t know why but when we talk about John I shiver and my heart beats faster. And I feel like I’m about to throw up. I think cause he gets me the nerves cause I’m not over what happened. I mean he treated me like shit without even knowing me”

“Yes he totally came to the wrong conclusion…I mean you look everything but a slut, if you know what I mean. No offence, of course”

“Nice”

“Sarcasm isn’t needed”

“Oh yes it is”

“Don’t try to change topic. Anyway I think you need to work things out with him. You’re definitely not over that. Probably you got really offended and his apologizes weren’t enough. Come with me on Saturday and we’ll see what happens. Are you ok with this?”

I simply nodded. I was afraid of looking into those eyes again.

“Good girl”

Elliott got into the shower, while I turned on my computer. I opened a new blank page and I started writing a proper version of The Maine’s music review. I had to be professional after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soo...I know I haven't been posting in a while and I apologize. I was like...stuck with the story, you know. But now I have ideas.
Id like to receive comments. I barely have one once in a while :(

Thanks to whoever will read this anyway!!

<3