The Greatest Love Of All.

Project Wakeup.

Elliott’s words were wandering in my head from the night she told me to stop pretending. But how do you pretend something you know it’s true? I was frustrated by the fact no one believed me.
I was sure I didn’t like John, especially because I know it was pointless to have a crush on someone like him.
It would have never brought me to anything good, so why wasting time?
I didn’t even reply to his mail. I was angry and I thought not replying was the best way to not fall in his trap.

“I heard A Rocket To The Moon are coming to town for a show. Are we going?”

“I don’t know, are we?”

“Well Nick asked me. You have to go out with Halvo, right? If you still are up to it, of course”

“Yes, I will keep my word”

“Perfect. He told me we can go backstage”

“It’s cool to shag a famous guy isn’t it?”

“Where is this coming from?”

“I was just wondering”

“Watch your mouth, girl. Or I won’t watch mine”

“Please, don’t even think to start again with that topic or I will shoot you”

“Pinky promise I’ll stop insinuate you like John”

“Good girl”

The show was set for the next week. Elliott looked enthusiastic to see Nick, and I find it weird because I thought they just had their moments at Warped. She was the one saying he wasn’t much of a good kisser either, so why pretending to be into someone if you’re clearly not? At least, I minded my own business.

The night came faster than I thought. I was so busy with all my classes that I lost count of the days. As soon as I realized it was Wednesday, it was time to get ready for the concert. It was just a small secret show for some fans, but Nick got us into it, and when Halvo saw me jumped on me, hugging and suffocating me.
He was a happy kid. He never had a bad frown on his face and he was the funniest guy ever.

“I’m so happy to see you! It has been weeks!”

“Well, months more than weeks”

“Are you still up for our coffee aren’t you?”

I nodded. I felt hope in his question and I suddenly felt bad. I remembered what Kennedy told me. I shouldn’t have fooled him in the first place. I thought he wanted to be friends, because that’s why I wanted. Apparently I must have had misunderstood everybody’s intentions.
Was it so hard to just be friends? Why does it have to be so difficult for a girl and a guy to be actual friends and avoid all the drama? I really wanted to have the answers to those questions.
I didn’t have those problems at home. College was a real life experience, Elliott was right after all.

“Halvo can I talk to you for a second, before you go on stage?”

“Just if the news is a good one”

“Well, it can wait…just go and kick ass”

“Do I have to worry?”

“No, don’t, really”

I am a total idiot. I just couldn’t wait. Now he will fuck the show up.

The band got on stage and the girls got crazy. They were all eyes for Nick and Justin. I knew their songs so I jammed on them, especially when they played Dakota. Halvo looked at me a couple of times, and I couldn’t say if his looks were worried or not. In the meanwhile I tried my best to find the way to tell him the same thing I told Kennedy. Why did I get myself in that mess, I don’t even know? I didn’t expect it to be like that.

“You were great!”

Elliott kissed Nick and both Halvo and I looked at them with a question mark on our faces.

“I thought they were over?”

“Apparently not”

“Sex is always the answer”

“I thought it was the question”

“Well it is, but it depends on the situation. In their case, it’s the answer”

I laughed and followed him to the band dressing room. That was the time.
I sighed and told myself that no matter what, he would have understood because he was smart.

“So, what do you want to talk about? You looked concern”

“I am… I just wanted to ask you something”

“I’m all ears”

“Ok…here it goes… when you asked me out, what were your plans? I mean, what are your plans?”

“You mean… what do I want from you?”

“Yes, my point exactly”

“Well I hoped we could go on a date and then we would have seen…but I guess you’re not into that?”

“It’s ok as long as you want to be just friends”

“Who wants to be just friends with you, Annie? An idiot! Come on you know you got me”

“I thought, but I wasn’t sure”

“I like you, and Kennedy does too”

“I already talked to Kennedy”

“So now you’re telling me you’re with Kennedy and you want to tell me that of course you can’t go out with me and it’s all complicated, then you want to apologize and expect me to be cool with it, right?”

“Not really?”

He did everything on his own. He was paranoid, for sure.

“Then what? Are you with John?”

“Oh my God NO! Can’t you all just stop talking about John for once?”

He noticed I was nervous, but that was the reaction of just hearing that name.

“Ok then. I’m sorry. What is it?”

“I just want to be friends, that’s all I wanted to tell you”

“You don’t like me I guess”

“I think you’re a great guy, but not the one for me. No one in a band can be my boyfriend”

“And why’s that?”

“Long distance relationship and stuff”

“Well it’s understandable. You girls hate that. Do you mind if I ask what did you tell Kennedy?”

“Basically the same thing I told you”

“Why are you rejecting us all?”

I shook my head. I didn’t really know. I just knew they weren’t for me. That whole band thing, the distance, the press, the stress…it wasn’t for me. I just wanted to live my life with no problems at all.
I guess that was too hard to ask.

“Are you mad?”

“Just disappointed”

“I’m sorry”

“For Fuck’s sake, I can’t even be mad at you, come here and hug Halvo”

He grabbed me into a hug and started tickling me. I laughed out loud until my phone started to beep like mad. I looked over the display to see a number I didn’t have.

“That’s John’s number”

I looked at Halvo with a scary face. It wasn’t possible. That guy was basically stalking me.

“I know you mind the fact I took your number from Kennedy’s phone, but idgaf. See you soon. John”
♠ ♠ ♠
John is a cr33per AHAH.
But I find his way to get to Annie really cute after all :) What do you think?
And do you think she did the right thing rejecting both Kenny and Halvo?
And especially....do you think she likes John!?

Thanks for the last comments, I'm glad this story is getting more credit, at the beginning nobody liked it basically ._.
Feedback would be great.

Danielle
xxxx