The Greatest Love Of All.

Here Comes The Storm.

“What did you just say?”

“I’m going to college, mum”

“You never wanted to go to college before, why now…?”

“I never told you I wanted because I knew what your reaction would have been like”

And it was just like I imagined. My mum didn’t think that I was determined enough to do it, and my dad just stood in front of me with a weird expression on his face: he was both disappointed and worried. But believe me, he wasn’t for me. I was quite sure that all he was thinking about was ‘who is going to help me at the shop from now on?’.
“Annie you just can’t drop a bomb like this, ok? You probably don’t even know what do you want to do, you just want to rebel like Madison”

My mum loved Maddie like a second daughter, but sometimes she thought she was too much weird. I reckon it, Madison can look like she’s shy, but inside of her, she is like a supernova ready to explode.
Her parents wanted her to go to Yale like her father did, because Doctor Donovan wanted his daughter to become a Doctor too. But she didn’t want to, so she decided to go to ASU to stay close to home, to me, and to Hunter. My parents thought that I was …emulating her. But I didn’t, because if I did, I would have applied to ASU too, and not to UCLA. I wanted to live in California, my little shitty town was too small for me and my dreams, and after 21 years in a hot prison like that, I just wanted to escape to a place bigger and hotter. Wintersburg was my home, and it always would have had a place in my heart, but Los Angles attracted me like a bee was attracted to honey.

“I don’t mum. I know what I want to do. I sent the form to apply to journalism. I want to write my own stuff on a magazine, like Alternative Press, ok? You don’t even believe in me, how am I supposed to tell you my plans when you are that confident? Of course I didn’t tell you before”

I was really pissed off. They should have been proud of me, instead of being so distrustful.

“What makes you think that you can do it? There are millions of people trying to have that job, you’re just a girl who likes to write and used to do it on the school paper. That doesn’t count! And who would pay for the taxes? You obviously didn’t think about the money!”

“Thanks Mom, you’re really supportive. Thanks”

I got out of home and decided to go for a walk, just to calm down. I didn’t want to bother Madison with my problem so I made my way to the school building. I got in and noticed that probably no one was working except for the secretaries and the principal. I went straight to the school paper room, and looked at the desk I used to sit at to check on the week issue. I missed those days. At least someone thought I was reliable and capable of doing something really good, then.

“Mrs. Sutton, you’re not supposed to be here, you know that?”

Mr. Maloney was standing near the door, with a couple of books in his hands, and his giant glasses almost over his nose. He looked a lot like Woody Allen. He used to help me with the paper, when we were pretty late with the new issue. Plus, he was Hunter’s dad.

“I’m sorry, I just wanted to…go back in time I guess. But I don’t have a time machine, unfortunately”

“Well, memories are the best time machines ever”

“I miss all this”

“And we miss you as well – the paper was great back then, we can’t find someone as good at writing”

“I guess I should thank you”

“It’s the truth, and you know it. You should try to send your work somewhere”

“I’m close to go to college actually. I’m managing it…with all the problems involved in it”

“Yeah…but nothing should stop you. Do everything that it takes, you will regret it someday”

“I guess I’m scared of growing up, sometimes”

“Don’t be. Growing up shouldn’t bring us down. Look at me…I’m almost fifty, and I’m satisfied. I don’t even have a middle age crisis yet. This is good, don’t you think?”

I nodded and smiled at him. He was clever, and kind. It was hard to believe he was Hunter’s dad.

“Yeah, definitely. I should go now… thanks for the chat”

“Anytime, Annie”

I just walked out the class and the school. Those words helped me a bit. They actually made me calm down. I went to the football field and sit down on the steps.
I would have done it anyways, I said to myself.
No matter who or what stood in my way, I would have fought for it.
Nothing would have brought me down. Nothing and no one.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually wanna thank who read it and who subscribed it to my fiction, I can't believe that someone actually liked it :) This is the 2nd chapter, I hope you will like it. And leave a comment, ok? Thanks again!!
Danielle