The Greatest Love Of All.

Whoever He Is.

I managed to go to Campus even before the lesson started just to make myself comfortable with all the new environment I was going to live into for the next years. I just wanted to get used to it as fast as I could.

I bought my Warped ticket without even telling my roommate I was going to. She was going for sure at the Anaheim show, which was on the 27th August – I know it because I saw the ticket on her desk.
We were going to the same show, but she didn’t know about me. I wanted to go alone. She was a pretty cool girl now that I was trying to get to know her better, but I don’t like to have that much confidence with people I really don’t know anything about. Besides, I thought it was a good event to write something about. So I brought my pen and paper, just to ‘pretend’ to be what I wanted to be for real.

“See you tonight yeah?”

I waved back to Elliott. She left for Warped at 9 am with a couple of friends, while I was just waiting for 10 am to go and pick the bus. I decided to wear a simple plain white t-shirt with shorts and vans on. I took my bag with me and then walked to the bus station, which was a little far from the Campus entrance. I had to wait two long hours to get to where Warped was placed. While I was on the bus, listening to my I-Pod and to Foo Fighters, one of my favorite bands all the time, I took my little notebook out of the bag and started writing random thoughts of my new life.

Everything is so fragile.
Everything is so different.
I wish I could see.
I wish I could just be.
Could I, Should I?
Live my life.
Smile.


I sighed. That was more a poetry, but I liked it as well. Writing was my way to find freedom, the way to tell the world what was in my head, even if my thoughts were so random sometimes.
I felt slightly asleep, until the bus driver came personally to wake me up because apparently we were arrived. I got off the bus, finding myself in the middle of a massive parking lot. I heard music not that far, so I followed the sound. There were so much people, I’ve never seen so much crowd in my entire life.
I saw smiles, I saw girls going after band guys, I saw people ask for autographs and pictures, I even saw someone crying for happiness. I felt like a black dot in a big white page of paper. I was a little nervous, I felt like all eyes were set on me, because I was probably the only girl alone around. I started to walk through the various stages and merchandise tents, looking a bit flashed among all those people, probably all members of some bands I didn’t even knew the existence of.

“We like to party, we like we like to party!”

I heard a few male voices coming from one of the tents; they were singing that funny tune before going on stage. It was like their good luck ritual, I guessed. I looked at them really interested. They were five good looking guys, and they seemed even nice. Maybe they would have helped me with my work.

As I approached to their merch tent, a couple of fan girls run to them.

“Oh my God John! You are so awesome!”

“If you say so, thank you!”

I shrugged my shoulder and decided to find someone else to interview. There were so much bands that day that I just had to choose another one. For example the one named A Rocket To The Moon. The name was pretty cool. Before I started walking to their tent, a voice called me back.

“Hey, you, with the white t-shirt!”

I looked over to the owner of that voice. It was one of the guy of the band I wanted to talk to.

“Are you talking to me?”

“Yes! You lost your pen!”

He gave me my pen back and I simply smiled.
That was the right moment to take my chance.

“Thanks… Are you playing today?”

He nodded.

“Yes, me and my band are at our first Warped. It’s awesome isn’t it?”

“Well, I’m at my first Warped too…and yes, I think it is”

“I’m Kennedy by the way. Nice to meet you…”

“Annie”

He shook my hand and smiled back. He was really…really, really, definitely good looking. He had green eyes and beautiful hands. I was a bit shy, and as I saw, I wasn’t the only one.

“So, are you alone?”

“Yes… I am here to write a critic about the Warped”

“What magazine do you work for?”

“None, actually. I’m doing it for college”

“UCLA, I guess”

“You guessed right…can I ask you some questions? I mean, for my work…”

“Of course! Come to the tent with me, you can ask the rest of the band some questions too”

I followed him and I found myself among a lot of fit guys, all dressed with tight jeans and v-neck t-shirts. The weather was hot by itself, and that didn’t help me to keep my mind concentrated to what I had to do.

Kennedy introduced me to the other band members: a band called The Maine. The first thing I asked was pretty obvious and silly. I felt so stupid after they laughed at my face.

“The Maine…? Like the state?”

“The Maine like Ivory’s song, Coast Of Maine…do you know them?”

Of course I did. Madison was a great fan of Ivory. I knew that song by heart.

“I should have stayed back there with you on the coast of Maine”

“I should have stayed back there with you”

He said behind me.
I turned myself to see John smiling at me.
I totally melted in those green eyes, and I felt my heart beating just a little faster.
That guy was about to became the death of me.
And I’m never wrong with those kind of premonitions.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I don't like this that much, but anyways, that's it. I really would appreciate some more comments, if you read it, and subscribe. I know this isn't awesome, but well, if you're reading, it would be cool to leave a comment, yeah?

Finally John is here! And Annie knows yet what she's going through.

Let me know ok????

Thanks anyway!

Danielle
xxxx