The Greatest Love Of All.

Starry Eyed.

Some might say that love at first sight exists. I have never had a full proof of that. That’s why I believe –as a lot of other people do- that what they call ‘love at first sight’ is just physical attraction. So, in my opinion, we should call it ‘physical attraction at first sight’, not love. Love is too much. Love needs a development. To feel love you need to know someone. You can’t just judge on what emotion you feel when you look at him in the first place without knowing him deeply. I have never been in love, but I for sure felt attraction for someone. And what I can tell you now, is that I felt a big attraction to that John O’Callaghan.

John is the typical guy who doesn’t know how beautiful he is. He is nice, sweet, and he blushes when he gets compliments. He smiles at you every time, even if he is in a bad mood. The kind of guy every mom would like to see with her daughter. The kind of guy every girl would like to be with. But, these were just opinions. He seemed really genuine, that’s all. I saw the way he smiled at his fans, even if they were fan girls who weren’t that nice to him. I even hear a girl ask him if he was a virgin.

Pfff. That guy, a virgin? Are you kidding me? There was no way on the entire planet that a guy like John was a virgin, do you know what I mean? I even felt envious for the girl who stole his virginity. Yes, I liked John. I mean, I liked him – physically speaking of course. As I said, I didn’t know him. But I would have liked to. Besides, I saw him staring at me a couple of times. And when I say staring, I mean looking at someone in a so intense way that you are probably imaging them without clothes. So, let’s say that John was probably imaging me naked. And I can’t deny the fact that in the whole day I didn’t do it too. His body was so perfect that when I saw the veins on his arms I probably melt in front of him. There were some things about his body that totally made me get overheated.

“So, are you going to see us while we’re on stage today?”

Kenny asked. He was really nice with me. He was the only one who really talked to me that day.

“Yes, definitely. So I can review your music”

“Don’t be too harsh, please”

“I’m sure I will like it. But I need to be objective this time”

“That’s what critics are for!”

We laughed. After a couple of minutes, Pat came to us, saying they were about to go on stage. I followed them, and Kennedy was so nice that he gave me a pass to go backstage. I thought that he kinda liked me. Liked me in the same physical way I liked John. Well, not that Kenny was bad looking. Deff not, believe me.

They got on stage, and all the girls started screaming. They played seven songs, from their past EPs and from their first album ‘Can’t Stop Won’t Stop’. The kind of music they played wasn’t really my favorite but it wasn’t that bad. I reckoned they were good at playing their own instruments, especially the ginger one, Jared, who was really good at guitar. But even Pat was great with the drums. And John…well, John had a good voice. I liked the sound of it. Even the weird pronunciation. He used to close the vowels in words like ‘town’ or ‘figure out’, and they sounded more like ‘tewwwn’ or ‘figure eeewwwt’. That was weird.
But then I thought that he was probably from Arizona, just like me. The only difference was that I didn’t talk like that. But my grandfather did, that’s why I came to that conclusion.

John was often giving the back to the crowd, apparently because he was nervous. In that short moment I saw him giving me a look, but when I looked back he got his eyes off of me. I know I could sound modest, but if he wanted to talk to me for some reason just to get to know me better in some sense that –yeah, you got it, and I won’t deny it- it would be really vulgar to say now, well, he just had to make a move on me. But the fact he was looking every time I had my back turned was probably because he was really shy.

I didn’t know any of their songs, so I managed to buy their album at their merch tent. Listening to a song played live is a really good way to see if the band is actually capable, but as I didn’t know the recorded song I really couldn’t judge and give an objective review. For what I saw, they were good enough. When they got off stage, I complimented them a lot. I liked the song and the way they managed the crazy crowd full of girls, who were all screaming ‘I love you John!’ in that teenage way I really couldn’t stand.

“You were amazing guys”

I told Kennedy. All of them heard what I said so they thanked me.

“You are telling me this in an objective or subjective way?”

“Both”

“Good to know. Thank you. Why don’t you come with us and share a beer?”

I didn’t drink at all, but I thought it was stupid to deny the nice offer. I nodded and follow them to the open bar where they served food for everyone. What I liked about the bands at Warped was that every single member was aware of being a simple human being like the people who were there to see the concert, so they didn’t act like the big stars that don’t even look at you. They never denied an autograph or a photo to anyone. They knew that what they were doing, and what happened to them was a gift, and they had to live every single moment of the magic. But at the same time, they knew they were normal persons.
And those guys were the nicest guy I have ever known in my life. They even asked some fans to stay at the table with them to eat together and talk. It was a good atmosphere and I liked every second of that experience. While we were eating a slice of pizza I asked the band some questions, just to know something more about them. They told me their origins, and I smiled when I found out I was right about John coming from Arizona. When I told them I was from Arizona too they were excited and proud. Patriot much?

“So you were on tour for the all summer?”

“Yes, and it is a great opportunity for us. Fortunately we have great fans who support us no matter what”

“And didn’t you see that there are a lot of girls who are fan of yours? Do you mind it?”

“Of course not, even if sometimes I reckon they are really young. But they are all for John, so I don’t have to worry, am I right John?”

Kennedy turned the question to John, who was drinking a glass of beer. He just nodded, but stared at me for a couple of more seconds. He licked his lips and I looked back to Kennedy. I was sure I was going to become red like a tomato. I knew that all the girls were there for John, there was no need to explain. He was perfect in his kind of way, and he was acting really mysterious. Or maybe, I was all wrong. Maybe he hated me and he looked at me because I was a stranger who was disturbing his friends and his band.
A couple of girls came to the table and asked them for a picture together: John was the first who stood up and fulfilled his destiny of heartbreaker of the situation. That was the price to pay, I guess.
While all the others were making photos, John sat down again, this time in front of me.

“May I ask you a question?”

I simply nodded. He was making me nervous.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Sorry?”

“If you are here for fame or because you just want to sleep with some of my friends to have a little moment on the internet, well, leave the table, ok?”

“Are you insane? I am just doing what I like, that for your information is reviewing your music, so shut the fuck up, won’t you?”

He laughed a bit and stood up again, leaving me alone. I didn’t understand his behavior. But guess what, I was wrong. He actually hated me. But anyway, he misunderstood my intentions. And I definitely did it too with his, at this point. Could I be more idiot than this? Thinking that someone that hot like him, would have stared to a simple girl like me, just because he actually felt physically in love with me?
Kennedy came back, looking around.

“Hey, do you know where John is?”

I shook my head. He was probably getting lost somewhere. And actually, after what he said, I didn’t wanted to worry about him that much. I was going to delete all the thoughts I did of him before.
Probably, he wasn’t worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, here it is. I like this one a bit more. Probably because I changed the cards a bit, uh?:)
So, John doesnt like Annie that much because he thinks she just wants fame, and Annie got his attentions wrong because she thought he was looking at her for other reasons. Us girls are good at missunderstanding guy's attentions...arent we?
The title of the chapter is from a song of Ellie Goulding, you should listen to her if you dont yet because she is really good!
I hope I will get more comments for this chapter. And thanks to Dommie who comments me everytime! Subscribers, where are you?? C'mon! Lemme know what you think!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx