The Greatest Love Of All.

There's No Need For Us To Be Friends.

Elliott approached me, even hugging me. I could tell, she was sort of drunk.

“Guys, this is Annie, my new roommate…Annie they are…sorry I don’t remember your names!”

“I am Eric, but you can call me Halvo, nice to meet you”

I shook hands with this Eric, a bit concerned. I just wanted to leave. And I knew I couldn’t anymore. Luck hates me so much.

“Annie you didn’t tell me you were coming here, we could have come together!”

“Yeah…ehm well I just decided it in a rush”

“are you having a good time?”

“I was supposed to leave actually…”

“WHAT??”

She grabbed my arm, and she brought me to buy some beer. I never touched a tear of alcohol, and I didn’t want to start in that moment. We were followed by Eric and a couple of other guys. One was a ginger.
“Hi, I’m Nick Santino”

We shook hands. I wasn’t in a good mood so I just introduced myself. We sat down on a bench and I started looking around, trying to find a way out. I soon realized the guys Elliott was with were in a band.

“Our band is called A Rocket To The Moon”

That was my second chance to review some more music. Maybe they would have been less arrogant.

“I saw you with The Maine guys”

Eric said. He sat next to me, drinking a sip of his blonde beer. He offered it to me also, but I refused. Inb the meanwhile, Elliott was trying to flirt with that Nick.

“Yes. I asked them some question for my work. I am trying to review some band at Warped. You would have been my second choice anyway”

He smiled. He looked like a puppy.

“Well, I’m flattered. What do you wanna know?”

I asked him some questions; he talked and I wrote it all on my notebook. He told me he was the bassist of the band and that they were great friends with the guys in The Maine.

“I love the fact that we can hang out everyday with out best friends, you know. We did it at home, and now nothing changed, unless the band thing. We know a lot of people and we love it!”

“Why aren’t you in The Maine then?”

He shrugged his shoulders.

“There’s no reason really. But it’s cool anyway. We see each other every second…we are like a big family. Besides, I really don’t wanna see John’s bad face every minute of my life. I know him since I remember”

“So, you’re best friends”

“Basically”

I didn’t want to talk about John. But it was kind of impossible, apparently.

“Let me know what you write about us ok? Here, have my number. You can hang out at our shows if you want. I would appreciate it”

He wrote his number on the corner of the paper sheet. I nodded and he smiled again.

“I guess I should go now”

I said, standing up. He looked a bit sad to hear it. I walked away, hoping that Elliott didn’t see me. But probably, she was too busy making out with the ginger guy. I waved goodbye again to Eric and walked to the nearest bus station. The next one was coming in an hour. I puffed and sat down on the sidewalk.

“Why are you leaving so soon?”

I looked up. There was John. I couldn’t believe he was actually there. I didn’t know if he wanted to apologize for being a total asshole or because he wanted another fight, but I was prepared for both of the options. He sat next to me. I felt my heart running up to my throat for some unknown reason.

“I don’t think you care”

“I do. You could have said it if I didn’t come to talk to you”

He got a point, after all.

“What do you want?”

“Apologize for being a jerk before. I didn’t mean what I said”

“Did Kennedy say something?”

“Kind of”

“I think I better thank him then. I doubt you would have come by your own decision”

“Who knows. I probably would have. Or not. But what matters, is that, in the end, I did it, right?”

“I…guess so?”

“So, do you wanna come back at Warped?”

I shook my head. I had my day, and I was tired. Too much thoughts in my head.

“Ok” he stood up “so, are we friends or what now?”

“Friends is a big word. Bye John”

He nodded and smiled weakly.

“Bye Annie. I hope to see you soon”

He walked back to his band, and I watched him until he got off of my sight. I was confused. He came to apologize, and then asks me to be his friend out of nowhere? Guys are weird.
The bus came and I finally got back to my dorm room. Elliott was probably having a drunk and fun night with her new friend, and I was alone. I read my reviews and then started to fix them, writing them on my Mac. I soon felt asleep on the keyboard, with the piece of paper in my hand where Halvo wrote his number.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry If I didnt update lately.
But here I am!
I hope you like it. And I apologize if there are grammar mistakes.
Comments would be appreciated.

What would you like to see? Annie with Halvo maybe?:p LOL
Let me know!!!!

xxxxxxxxx