Status: Updates slowly.

Where Did We Go Wrong

Chapter 7

I woke up to an almost empty dorm room. Audrey and Jasmine were still sleeping. Why was I always awake before them? Today we were going to Hogsmeade and needed to get ready, “Audrey, Jasmine wake up! We need to get ready.”

They groaned and rolled over in their beds a couple times before completely getting out of bed. We all went into the bathroom in our dorm to take showers, brush our teeth, and fix our hair. After my shower I decided on wearing shorts since it was supposed to be hot out today. I put on my shorts followed by a simple black tank top with my gray cardigan over it. I put on my black converse and tied my shoes. I straightened my hair, like I did most days and waited patiently for Audrey and Jasmine to be done.

When we were all ready we walked to the Great Hall to meet up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. The whole walk to Hogsmeade Audrey talked about how excited she was to finally see George. I didn’t blame her; she hadn’t seen him since school started. We were going to meet up with George and Fred at the Three Broom sticks for butterbeer.

As soon as we walked into the Three Broom sticks and sat down Madam Rosmerta came over, “What can I do for you all today?” She smiled.

“Eight butterbeers please,” I replied.

“Eight butterbeers coming up.” She walked off.

As soon as Madam Rosmerta brought us our butterbeer two tall red heads walked through the door and Audrey became restless, “Looks like we’re just in time.” They said in unison, smiling.

They took their seats next to Audrey and began talking. Suddenly Ron sighed, “Oh, bloody hell. Slick git.”

We looked to where Ron was looking to see Ginny with Dean, “Honestly, Ronald, they’re only holding hands.” Hermione defended. We continued watching the couple, “And snogging.”

“I’d like to leave.” Ron sounded annoyed.

“What? You can’t be serious.” Hermione said.

“That happens to be my sister.” Ron replied.

“So?” Hermione asked, “What if she looked over here and saw you snogging Renae? You expect her to leave?”

I nearly choked on my butterbeer. Ron looked at me and blushed. What’d make her say such a thing?

“Hey, my boy!” I heard a familiar voice yell.

“Hello, sir. Wonderful to see you.” Harry replied.

I looked behind me to see Slughorn walking towards our table, “And you, and you.” He seemed a bit out of it.

“So, what brings you here?” Harry asked.

“Oh, The Three Broomsticks and I go way back, further than I care to admit,” He laughed, “I can remember when it was One Broomstick,” He chuckled again, only this time dumping half his drink on Hermione, “All hands on deck, Granger.”

“Listen, my boy, in the old days…I used to throw together the occasional supper party…for the select student or two. Would you be game?” He asked Harry.

“I’d consider it an honor, sir.” Harry answered.

Slughorn smiled and looked towards Hermione and I, “You would be welcome too, Barker and Granger.”

“We’d be delighted, sir.” Hermione responded for the both of us. So Blaise’s Slug Club information was right.

“Splendid. Look for my owl.” He looked at Ron, “Good to see you, Wallenby.”

Jasmine and I giggled to ourselves as Ron looked confused, “Good to see you too, Williams.”

Jasmine smiled at him. Then Slughorn walked off, “What are you playing at?” Ron asked Harry.

Harry shrugged, “Dumbledore has asked me to get to know him.”

“Get to know him?” Ron wondered.

“I don’t know. It must be important. If it wasn’t, Dumbledore wouldn’t ask.” Now I know why Harry had to talk to Dumbledore the other day when I visited.

I got out my wallet and handed Jasmine one Galleon, “Here pay for our drinks, keep the change. I’m going to leave.”

“I’ll go with you.” Ron got up.

“Alright, we’ll see you guys later.” Harry replied.

We left The Three Broomsticks, not going anywhere special. I kicked at the dirt with my shoes, “Where do you want to go?” I asked.

He was quiet for a moment, “How about Honeydukes?”

“Sounds good to me,” I agreed.

“So when is your first practice?” He asked while we were still walking.

“Tomorrow afternoon, actually. Yours?” I wondered.

“Tomorrow morning,” He answered.

“I'd go to your practice if I was allowed.” Remembering people from different houses weren’t allowed to watch other’s practices.

“Yeah, me too.”

“Our first game is against Hufflepuff.” I told him.

He chuckled, “Don’t worry about losing that one.”

When we finally got to Honeydukes I insisted on buying Ron some Chocolate Frogs. I also bought some Liquorice Wands, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans, Fizzing Whizzbees, Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum, Acid Pops, and Sugar Quills.

The day came to an end and all the students were now back at Hogwarts. I shared my sweets with Audrey and Jasmine whilst we talked amongst ourselves in the girl’s dorm. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to go all out on eating sugar when Audrey and I needed to get a good rest before Quidditch practice tomorrow. Somewhere between shoving my face of candy and talking I fell asleep.

Morning came early, or at least it seemed that way. Breakfast would be starting soon, so I quickly got dressed and headed to the Great Hall with Audrey and Jasmine. They kept giggling to themselves; I didn’t think I wanted to know what the reason for it was.

Soon enough it was time for practice. I only assumed everyone looked at the bulletin board to see who made the team. I decided on making Harper Seeker, Crabbe Keeper, Goyle Beater, Audrey Beater, Vaisey Chaser, Urquhart Chaser, and I was the third Chaser.

We practiced for a good couple hours. I was impressed with how well everyone was. Hopefully Ron was right and we would beat Hufflepuff. Before the Slytherin and Hufflepuff match was Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. Their game was Tuesday, which reminded me of Slughorn’s dinner party tomorrow. Oh, how I couldn’t wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case anyone is interested this is the outfit Renae wore to Hogsmeade

Comments please :)