The Dirty Side of Nowhere

Lovella

Lovella Talidene was a swirl of overpowering emotion. Her moods and personalities change constantlie inward, though on the outside shes always seen as the wild one. Her presence strikes the room with hot energy when shes in a good mood. With shining maroon and golden eyes, and bleach blonde hair with black highlights, her image reflects the spirit it contains.
Lovella sat cross legged on a dirt covered bench outside an unamed junk food store waiting for her friend Landon. She was never the kind of person to sit around and do nothing, so she was using a pen she had picked up next to an emptie coke can to draw an abstract tree on her ankle, the scarce leaves replaced with little hearts, when a breeze picked up and rattled the litter blanketing the streets and sidewalks. She lifted her chin as the wind slid across her cheek and pushed her hair onto her eyes and neck.
The breeze didn't last long and Lovella didn't expect another one for many weeks. Where Lovella lived, they didnt experience anything as refreshing as a breeze very often, almost no one remembered what fresh air tasted like. Lovella had been "this side" for over three years now. It sometimes depressed her to think of how common it was for someone of her age to have been down here so long, in this sicklie wreck.
Lovella looked up at the grayness above her, something otheres rarely did here, and immeadiatly locked her eyes on her decorated ankle again, feeling trapped and more than a little claustrophobic. It made her itch to see Landon even more. Right as she was debating on the new image to draw on her naked wrist the familiar squeek of the shop door made her ears twitch and her spine straighten. Pretending not to notice, she closed her eyes and slowed her breathing. Footsteps scraped on the stained concrete and she started silentlie counting..one....five steps away, two....3 steps away, three...inches from her itching ears. She gasped and caught her breath as large hands roughlie clamped over her shaking shoulders, ending the anticipation.
.