The Dirty Side of Nowhere

Raymona

"Honey, I'm home" Raymone sang cheerfullie.

"Miss Mona, you are so cliche," Ivan said, standing for a kiss on the cheek. He held her in an embrace for longer than he probablie should have; her soft, clear blue eyes with flecks of romantic red and yellow caught his and he didn't have the strength to move just then, exactly as Mona liked it. She melted in his arms.

" Aw, cliche? Darling that hurts." She pouted.

"I'm sorry. I'm about to cook dinner, maybe I can make it up to you and make your favorite- cookie dough and green tea?"

"You know me too well, I wanna help though"

"Sounds good to me," he smiled "We can make chocolate chip for you and me, peanut butter for Landon and Nessie, and sugar for Lovella."

Mona loved the way Ivan knew everyone so well. She loved their whole group. She knew her friends and her were different, and most of what made up their difference was each other. They were the only people on this side that actually cared about something that still had life, the only ones with an alacrity to live. No one here had a familie, it was something lost or ripped from you before you got this far, or shortly after. No one else had anyone to look after them, or know if they ever came back to their crumby apartments or not. For most, life here was an unescapable hell.

Raymona looked up at Ivan, scouring through messie cabinets, and shook herself free of the melencholy mood she started to feel. When ivan noticed her staring, and flashed his bright smile, everything was alright again, and they went to work. It wasn't long before he had her laughing uncontrollably, which turned into one of her horrible coughing fits. The rest of the group walked back in and piled on the couch as she was trying to catch her breath, and Ivan calmlie stayed at her side, one hand on hers, the other firmlie on her shaking back.

"Sorry, it was a tough day" she explained. Images slid through Ivans mind, ones of Monas time that only he knew of. Now wasn't the time for it though, and he quicklie pushed the guilty, secret images out of his head, attempting to look like his usual casual self.

No one questioned Monas statement, coughing was prettie unordinary here, but everyone did notice the way her eyes faded to gray and her hands shook after one of her fits. She sat down on the floor, leaning against the couch and feighned composure, as Ivan served the personalized treats for dinner.

"My favorite!" Lovella squeeled, the room lightened up a bit at her star-white smile. A flip of her hair made the others feel less constricted, as if allowing them the freedom to move around a little more, and fidget a little less.

"So I think for this next picture I'll just use Lovella and Landon" Nessie anounced.

"Thats cool," Mona said. "You used me and Ivan last time and it took forever."

Nessie laughed, "I'm sorry."

"It wasn't your fault, Ivan just wouldn't sit still," she joked. They all knew how hard it was for Mona to stop moving when Nessie was trying to capture a certain moment. Usually it was even worse with Ivan there, her beautiful distraction. He was the only place her eyes seemed to wander during a shoot, her body unintentionalie gravitating towards his. Nessie learned to use them only during a particularly gushy shoot.

"Mona, you've seen me meditating before, for all you know I could be the son of a statue" Ivan replied. Her mind insantlie created a slideshow of all the statues shed seen of Greek Gods before. In her eyes, Ivan was even more gorgeous, but all she said was "thats not meditating, Ivan, its called being high."

"Potatoe, tomatoe" he laughed as he snuggled up to the uncomfortable couch, apparently readie to sleep till morning.