Status: Active?

Halloween Head

14

I looked around the familiar surroundings. For once in my life this was the place I knew. I had roamed the green rooms, ran across the stage, as a naked child while it was empty and even sang with my dad during sound check. Tonight, I wasn’t the star, tonight was my dads time to shine and show off everything he had worked for within the past. Tonight I would be just another face in the crowd; I would go unnoticed by reporters and have my dad take center stage.

“I can’t believe I’m here.” Garrett said looking around the huge Madison Square Garden. I looked up at him before locking our fingers together. Ever since that morning when I had vandalized the wall with ‘Cobwebs’ I could really look at Garrett the same. I had a hitch he knew what was going through my mind, which only made everything harder. Not that this whole Garrett thing was a bad thing but I got the knot in your stomach. The knot you get when you are unsure, like when you’re about the give that speech in class, the knot that makes you cringe and your afraid to speak.

I watched as the rest of the guys ran around the large area and caused mayhem to the crew, while Garrett and I went and took a seat on the stage. I rested my head on his shoulder and smiled at my dad who was cursing at the stage manager while Mandy tried to calm him. “I don’t think I’ve ever asked you about your thoughts on the living dead.” Garrett stated resting his head on mine.

“Zombies?” I questioned more myself than him. “I love Zombies, you know that. I play Left 4 Dead for hours on end.” He shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

His eyes where covered in a pair of black ray-bans and he smiled. “How about Zombie movies?” He asked messing around with my hand.

“Nope, I can’t do movies, they scare the shit out of me.” He nodded and sighed. I yawned suddenly feeling exhausted from the long day and watched as the people began to flood in.
“Shit.” I said taking my weight back from Garrett and evening myself out. I looked over to Garrett who was already looking at me with a smile plastered on his face. “Come on.” I whispered grabbing his hand and pulling him up.

I walked through the fire exit of the building and pulled Garrett’s hand behind me. It was about an hour until the show started so I quickly found the small diner knowing we didn’t have much time. When we walked in Garrett had finally caught up to my side out of breath, I pulled him in to a booth and smiled across to him.

“I think I just died.” He said gasping for air.

“Don’t be a baby. It wasn’t that far.” I laughed.

“Are you kidding me? It was like twenty-thousand blocks.” He complained again as the waiter walked up. She looked about 16 and wore a happy smile on her lips.

“Can I get you guys something to drink?” I looked to Garrett who ordered two dr. peppers. “Are you ready to order?” She asked again. I nodded and looked to Garrett again who started to order his food.

“I want Chocolate chip pancakes with no syrup.” I said as she nodded and walked away.

“So, how are you?” Garrett asked as I wrapped my boot clad legs around his.

“I’m tired.” I said resting my elbows on the table and placing my cheeks in my palms.

Garrett laughed and looked out the window, “Yeah, you had an eventful night last night.”

The waiter had then returned to the table with our food, asking if we were okay, then making her way to the other tables. “Um, Gare?” I asked a little unsure. He looked up at me letting me know he was listening. “I..um, never mind I guess.” I said quickly looking down at my pancakes and deciding not to tell him about Cobwebs.

He pushed his plate away and grabbed my hands across the table and looked me in he eye. “You know you can tell me anything.” He said as I nodded and took a deep breath.

“I love you Garrett.” I said more to myself than to him. I finally had my eyes meet his and he was emotionless, almost a little shocked.

“Wh-what?” he stuttered looking around. “I’m just in high school.” He said in shock.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said anything.” I said sharply getting up from the booth and making my way out side. I ran all the way back to Madison Square and once I found the green room I broke down and locked the door laying on the couch of the empty room and crying.

I hadn’t ever felt this feeling in my heart. Everyone had told me to follow my heart, but now, but what happens when that path gets you lost?
♠ ♠ ♠
college will be the death of me.