Status: Active?

Halloween Head

17

After being in New York for a full four days I was more than happy to be back in Arizona. The cold was hard for me to adjust to so being back to the comfortable 60-degree weather was perfect. Today was Christmas Eve, we had gotten back at around one that morning and by the time we had dropped off all the guys it was three. I stumbled to my room removing my jeans and jumping into bed with a smile on my face.

When we dropped Garrett off I had asked my dad to circle the block and walked with Garrett to the porch. His suitcase in one hand and my hand in his free one. Once we got to the door he set his case down and grabbed my other hand. “You know, it’s technically Christmas Eve.” He whispered his eyes locking with mine as I nodded and smiled. “I’ve got something for you.” He whispered again.

“Garrett, you didn’t have to get me anything.” I frowned knowing how he loved paying for me and buying me things, even if I protested.

“I like getting you things.” He replied pulling his jacket off. “Plus, I technically didn’t buy this for you…” I eyed him curiously as he pulled his shirt off and my breath slightly caught in my throat and he let out a chuckle before handing me his ‘This Machine Kills Zombie’s’ shirt before slipping his leather jacket back on.

“Garrett, this is your favorite shirt, that’s why I gave it back to you.” I frowned pushing the shirt back at him only to have him shake his head and push it back at me.

“And you’re my favorite girl, I want you to have it.” He smiled as my dad’s car began to come down the street. He stopped a few houses down and I watched him under a streetlight as he and Mandy began looking down and laughing at something on his phone. I threw garrets shirt on to of the mailbox and shrugged my jacket off. “What are you doing?” he asked amused by the situation.

I ignored his question and pulled my own shirt over my head and shoved it at him. Then pulled his shirt over my head. “Here.” He said once I had my jacket back on

“Nope.” I protested. “You’re my favorite boy, and that is my favorite Neil Young shirt.” I mocked lightly. He pulled it over him and threw his jacket to the side by his suitcase.

“I love you.” He mumbled pulling me to him and kissing my head as I buried it in his chest.

“I love you to.” I whispered closing my eyes momentarily until he pushed away and took my face in his hands.

“You have to go.” I nodded and tilted my hand into his hand. He pressed his lips to mine as his thumb gently traced the skin on my cheek. “I’ll see you later?” He asked his lips lightly brushing mine keeping me in a daze as I nodded. I felt him smile and press his lips to mine again. “good.” He smiled before fully pulling away. “Happy Christmas Eve.” He smiled kissing my nose and letting me go.

“Happy Christmas Eve Garrett!” I shouted running across his yard to the car.

I pulled the covers further up on my body and rolled over to face the window and closed my eyes. Just as I began to doze off my phone vibrated and a generic default message sound rang through the room. I grunted and grabbed my phone from my jeans on the floor.

Joel Kanitz
New Message


I made a funny face at my phone before slide the bar and waiting for the message screen to load a knot forming in my stomach.

”I’ve been thinking about you.” was all that was written and that was all it took for me to lose the whole night of sleep.

As much as I loved Garrett, there was a pull that Joel hung over me. He was like a bad drug or a bottle of 1901. He had a way with words, a way with motion, and a way with me. I tossed my phone on the floor and curled up under the blanket suddenly feeling colder. I didn’t fall asleep until morning; I only knew this because I watched the sun come up out my window and counted five joggers before my eyelids got heavy.

I heard my door open and a shuffle across the room “Amberlyn?” I knew the voice all too well, I knew who it belonged to if it where to be a whisper in a crowed. “You awake baby?” The covers moved and a weight fell on the bed next to me. His leg draped over mine and wrapped his arms around me. “Come on babe. It’s almost five.” I rolled over and nuzzled into his chest. “What’s wrong with you?” He asked concerned. “Are you sick?” He asked again holding on to my tighter.

“I couldn’t sleep last night.” I mumbled.

“Why not?” He asked as his muscles relaxed into the bed. I contemplated telling him about the text message but quickly decided against it and shrugged. “Are you hungry? Your dad wanted me to tell you him and Mandy were going to Jordan’s for a bit, or, until like nine.”

“I want fruity pebbles.” I said yawning and sitting up. Trying to crawl over him to go get my food.

“No.” He said quickly. “I’ll get them, you stay here and rest.” He pecked my lips before dragging his boot-clad feet across the carpet.

I propped myself up in bed and grabbed my remote to turn the television, after endless flipping I ended up on the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Garrett returned to my room with a big bowl of cereal and a spoon. “What are we watching…oh. Charlie Brown.” He said mumbling the last part.

“Hey, what’s wrong with Charlie Brown?” I defended. Looking at him a mouth full of the colorful sugar.

“It’s just…kinda…boring…too…goody good. No killing.” He frowned looking between me and the screen, just as Charlie tripped after trying to kick the football. Loud laughter filled the room and I looked up to Garrett with that ‘excuse me’ look on my face. “I take it back.”

“Yeah, you take it back.” I smiled triumphantly as I kissed his cheek, and leaned into his side with my bowl of cereal.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i don't know if this is gonna work.
cause it's "waiting on editors..."
I got reported but no biggie.
so, tell me if it works
and follower my tumblr.

savemesarabeth.tumblr.com