Status: Active?

Halloween Head

22

“Gary?” I smiled weakly whispering to the figure in the door. He extended his arm that held a water bottle though he stayed put in the doorway. “Come here Garrett.” He walked in slowly from the door to the chair next to my bed slowly sitting and trying to hand me the water bottle. “I can’t open it Gary.” I laughed lightly tilting my head over as he unscrewed the lid and put it to my lips. “Thanks.” I whispered biting my lip and looking around the room.

“I..um..the doctor said you can come home today. He said you’re doing great.” He was quiet but as he spoke my worries washed away. We both knew we needed each other but fate wasn’t on my side. I nodded a little and looked around the room once more. “I’m sorry Amberlyn.” His voice was slightly lower and softer as his hands fiddled with each other in his lap.

“You broke me.” I whispered looking down at the white gauze wrapped around my hands and arms.

“I know. I know I fucked up but now I can’t live my life without you being a part of it.”

“Why’d you do it Garrett?”

“I don’t know. I was at my families Christmas party and our families are good friends and I was awkwardly forced into it. I just, I didn’t know what was going on.”

I sighed and turned my head away from him. “Is she gone?” I asked turning towards him again. “For good?” I added.

“She never was with me after you and I got together Amberlyn.” I cracked a small smile and closed my eyes. I don’t know how long we stayed like that. Me with my eyes closed while he quietly watched me. It had to have been at least five or ten minutes. “I love you Amberlyn.” He finally whispered gently touching my hand.

“Can you take me home Gary?” he clicked the nurse call button and before I knew what was happening I was in my house wrapped in my dad’s arms with Mandy close behind him.

“Do you need anything?” He pushed ushering me farther into the house. I shook my head and looked back at Garrett.

“Are you staying?” I asked ignoring Mandy and my dad’s pestering.

“If you want me to.” He stated shrugging.

“We’re going to my room.” I said hugging my dad carefully before slowly walking upstairs.

I opened the door to my room and then flicked on the light switch. My room was spotless and instead of my normal light coming on, my ceiling had been covered in white Christmas lights with yellow lights placed to look like consultations. My eyes moved from the lights to the wall space under the window. Black letters in Garrett’s script read ‘I need you so much closer’ just as the note he wrote.

His fingers lightly touched my hips and I could feel the closeness of his face next to mine. “Did you do this?” I asked in awe walking slowly into the room. I turned to face him still in the doorway where he nodded his head.

“Do you like it?” I took my turn to nod and closed the door behind him.

“How long are you staying?” I asked sitting on my bed.

“Until you kick me out.” He said sitting next to me and looking over at my record play standing again and placing my Neil Young vinyl on. I laid back onto my pillow and pulled the quilt over my body.

“Gary.” I watched as he turned around and smiled at me. I opened my arms and his smile widened. He made his way to my bed and kicked off his boots, crawling into the bed and wrapping me in his arms. “What did you miss the most?.” I whispered to him

“I missed everything.” He replied and ran his thumb across my cheek. “I’ll love you forever.” He whispered and before I could express the same words his lips touched mine carefully resting his hand on the back of my head.

“I love you too.” I finally spoke after too long.
♠ ♠ ♠
it has been too long.

iamsarabeth.tumblr.com