Status: Active?

Halloween Head

2

It took my about three seconds to comprehend what Pat had just said. girlfriend? I stood up quickly and went to find my dad. I was leaving. I was busy shoving my way through the crowds of the dance floor that I didn’t even look up when my head hit someone’s chest. I looked up from the ground fighting back tears of anger and sadness. My eyes met Kennedy’s and his face softened as I blinked tears from my eyes.

“Hey Ambey, what’s wrong?” He asked placing his hand on my hip.

I shook my head and began crying more. “Garrett didn’t tell me about Rachel.” Kennedy looked confused as to why that was a big deal. “Garrett kissed me.” I whispered and his face had anger wash over it as if he understood. “Have you seen my dad?” I asked quickly. Kennedy pointed to the chair close to the balcony and I spotted my dad sitting in it next to John’s mother and father. I removed Kenny’s hand from my hip bone and made my way to my dad.

“Can we leave.” I asked loudly interrupting his expressive conversation with the O’Callaghn’s.

“Umm,” my dad stated looking at John’s mom confused while she just shrugged. “Sure, is everything alright?”

I crossed my arms over my chest and popped my hip to one side, the tears had stopped and anger had taken over. I nodded and began walking to the exit as He said bye to everyone.

Once we sat in the car my dad put it in drive. And we began to our house.

“So, are you going to tell me what happened?” He asked glancing at me then looking back at the road. I shook my head.

“Garrett’s a fucker.” I mumbled glaring out the window as houses passed by.

“But, you and him are so fond of each other.” He said appalled, as he pulled in the driveway.

“Not anymore.” I grumbled storming off to my bedroom.

I couldn’t bare to leave the house for the rest of the weekend. I moped around like a sad lost puppy and when Monday came I rolled out of bed threw on a pair of jean shorts, a Slayer shirt before brushing my teeth and walking down stairs. My dad already had coffee on the table and a cigarette in his hand.

“Morning Amber.” I nodded in response and sipped the coffee. “So I was thinking of taking a trip to New York sometime after you graduate.” I nodded again but this time smiled. I’ll always love New York. I glanced at the clock on the microwave and cursed.

“I have to get going dad.” I said pushing my feet into my boots and grabbing my jacket and bag. I kissed his cheek and grabbed a to-go cup of coffee and sped to school. I pushed my way through the hallways and landed gracefully in the seat of my first period class. I glanced up and the bored Projects due today!
“Fuck!” I shouted and ran back to my car completely clueless as to what I would do. I had to prepare something that explained my year and life to everyone within 3 minutes time. I grabbed my guitar from my trunk and decided I would improvise. I ran back to the class just as the bell rang I step in the door and took my seat.

I saw Garrett sitting in his desk with an amused smile on his face. “Forget?” He questioned. I shook my head. “Where have you been I tried calling you like fifty times.” I shrugged and luckily the teacher stood and motioned for us to be quiet.

“So today, your projects are due. They have to represent you in one way or another and Amberlyn, looks like you’re first on role, so why don’t you go first.” I nodded and grabbed my guitar and sat on the stool in the front of the class.

“Um, so this is a song me and my dad wrote together a few years ago, and I like it so um, here goes.” I looked around the room and my eyes fell on Garrett’s as I shook my head. And began to play.

“Here comes that shit again
I've got a halloweenhead
Head full of tricks and treats
It leads me thru the nighttime streets
Black cats and falling trees
Under ladders always walking
Salt shaker spills just throw it over your shoulder, babe
I've got a bad idea again, i've got a
Halloweenhead, halloweenhead
Head full of candy bags
Costume shops and punks in drag
Head full of tricks and treats
Places where junkies meet
And it leads me thru streets at night
That's alright, i just watch i don't go inside
It's all the same old shit again
I got a halloweenhead
I got a halloweenhead
Lord, i got a halloweenhead
Guitar solo
I got a halloweenhead
Lord, i've got a halloweenhead
I got a halloweenhead
Oh lord, i've got a halloweenhead
Here comes that shit again
I've gota halloweenhead
Head of tricks and treats
It leads me thru the nighttime streets
Downtown
Downtown
Downtown
I've got a halloweenhead
Lord, i've got a halloweenhead
What the fuck's wrong with me, god i'm a halloweenhead”

Everyone clapped and I smiled as Garrett sat dumbfounded. I returned to my seat and continued to blush as the class continued to smile.

“It was Rachel wasn’t it?” Garrett whispered and I simply flashed him a sad smile and returned my eyes to the front of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
ehh