Forever With You.

1/1

She looks beautiful. That was his first thought as Rachel walked down the stairs. Her dress was long, trailing near her feet, and she had to pick it up as she walked so she wouldn’t trip over it. She smiled nervously, finally reaching him.

“Hey,” She said softly, looking up at him. He smiled slightly.

“Hey.” He said quietly, his eyes locked onto hers. He smiled, holding out his hand for her in such a formal manner that she let out a light laugh, taking his hand and lacing their fingers together.

“You look really pretty. I mean, not that you don’t normally look really good, but that dress is really pretty on you, and your hair looks really nice, and you look like a princess or someth-” She cut him off with a little laugh, smiling up at him.

“Thank you, Finn. You look really nice too. A proper Prince Charming.” She said, her eyes quickly glancing at his tux and then back up at his face. He grinned, happy that she was happy.

He opened the door of his car for her, and he shut the door when she was all the way in, walking around the car and getting into the driver’s seat. He started the car, and the mix CD he was listening to earlier started playing again, picking up where it had left off. She laughed lightly at the song from Broadway, grinning over at him.

“What?” He asked, frowning slightly.

“I’m a bit surprised that you have this on a CD, that’s all.”

“I had to learn it for Nationals our senior year. Plus it makes me think of you.” He admitted a bit shyly. She smiled, blushing slightly.

“That’s sweet of you.” She said, biting her bottom lip to contain her happiness. He smiled, reaching over and taking her hand again. They drove in comfortable silence towards the dance.

He wasn’t sure whose idea it was to have a dance as their five-year reunion, but he had to admit it was a fun idea. He hadn’t been able to go to his junior or senior prom on account of traveling outside of the state with the Glee club, but now he was going to get the chance to go to one with the girl he loved. He glanced over at her, smiling as he watched her hum softly with her eyes closed.

They had caught a break. Rachel was finally getting a two-week vacation from working up in New York, and they came back to visit just in time for his step-brother Kurt to inform them of the dance reunion thing. She jumped at the chance to see everyone again, and Finn had to admit it would be fun to see what everyone was doing nowadays.

So, here they were, on their way to see how everyone from their old school was. He knew how a few of them were, still keeping in touch with a few of his friends, but he wondered about everyone else, the others he hadn’t talked to or heard from in five years.

They finally pulled up to the large ballroom. He parked the car and helped her out, taking her hand as they walked up the red carpet that had been laid out from the sidewalk to the front door. He suddenly started feeling nervous. He put his free hand into his pocket, the feeling of the velvet black box giving him slight comfort.

As soon as they walked in, Kurt greeted them, giving Rachel a hug and a kiss on the cheek, giving Finn a brotherly hug. He quickly pulled the pair to where the rest of their friends were waiting. He smiled shyly, keeping his hand intertwined with hers. She didn’t mind, just squeezed it gently and smiled up at him.

They spent the next hour sitting around a large round table, catching up with everyone. He was happy to see Noah had married Quinn, and they announced they were expecting a baby girl.

“We plan on keeping it this time,” Noah joked, causing everyone to laugh.

They eventually convinced Rachel to sing a few lines from her last show, and she happily obliged. They asked Finn what he had been up to, and he told them he was an architect now. After a few glasses of wine for all of them, his step-brother got up, talking everyone into dancing. They all left the table, and Finn turned to Rachel, offering her his hand like a gentleman. She smiled, taking it happily. They spun around the dance floor, looking like the personification of fairy-tales.

Eventually he pulled her to the middle of the dance floor, creating a little space for them.

“I love you.” He said, his voice full of fierce adoration. She smiled up at him, opening her mouth to speak. He put a finger to her lips, shaking his head before speaking again.

“I love you so much. I never want to live without you. I want to spend the rest of forever with you. Rachel Berry, will you marry me?” He asked, smoothly slipping onto one knee and bringing out the box, opening it deftly to show off the simple, sparkling ring. Her hand flew to her mouth and she felt tears spring to her eyes.

“Yes. Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes.” She whispered, and he slipped the ring onto her finger, standing back up and kissing her quickly. He wasn’t sure who was the first one to start clapping was, but soon all of his friends and the rest of his old high school were clapping for them. He laughed, breaking the kiss.

She beamed up at him, gently touching his cheek.

“Forever with you sounds perfect.” She murmured, kissing him again.