Dancing In The Rain

Prologue

The weather outside was bad. Rain everywhere. I love rain. I love the sound of rain falling on my rooftop, making me feel calm and peaceful before I go to sleep. I love the touch and feel of the raindrops falling from the sky onto my soft skin. I love to kick my feet in the many puddles on the sidewalk along the street. I love everything about the rain.

I take my eyes off of my bedroom window and slowly make my way down the steps. Mom is sitting on the couch staring out the window like I was just a minute ago. She rested her hands on her pregnant belly.

"Hey mom, where's dad? He was supposed to be home half an hour ago." Mom looked worried. She looked like she just shed some tears before I came downstairs. "What's wrong?"

She hesitated before telling me. She took deep breaths. "Honey... it's your father. Someone called..." Her voice was shaky and tears rolled down her eyes when she spoke. "He got in a car accident. It was raining really hard on his way home.. The police don't think he's going to make it."

Tears were already filling my eyes. I could feel them run down my cheeks as I ran back up the stairs and into my room. I collapsed on my bed. I clutched my pillow and buried my face in it. I sobbed so hard into the pillow that I was almost suffocating myself.

The one person that I loved so much is gone. The one that always got me through the day, the one that made me smile, laugh... The one that made me happy, is gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it so far.