Dancing In The Rain

pursuit of happiness .

"Sweetie, are going to go ahead and pack your bags?" Mom called from downstairs.

"I guess so." I called back.

I opened up my closet door and pulled out my purple suitcase. I started to take clothes off of their hangers and threw them in my suitcase. I moved to my drawers and started to make a pile of clothes on my floor and bed of the ones that I wanted to take with me.

After a while of piling clothes, I plopped on my bed and searched for my journal that was somewhere under the pile of clothing on my bed and started to write.

Dad,

Sorry I haven't wrote to you for the past week. Things around the house have been crazy.

Mom and I talked. She said she wanted to have a heart to heart with me. She wanted to know why I'm so unhappy. She said that she knew I missed you and that me sulking over you wasn't helping me. You know what she said? She said that I needed to get over it. So she's sending me on a summer trip. You know, like a place where kids go in the summer to have fun and stuff. She calls it my pursuit of happiness. Yeah, like going to a place where I have to talk and make friends would really make me happy. Whatever. It's better than being home and taking care of Lyle I suppose. I wonder how mom can handle taking care of Lyle when I'm away. She always needed my help. But whatever. I got to get back to packing. I leave tomorrow and come back at the end of the summer.

Love you.

Julie.