Status: Here kitty kitty

Darker Side of Me

Chapter 5

Elyria was woken up to the sound of a loud howl right next to her making her jerk up, pain spiraling down from her skull down her spine. Her eyes adjusted to the dark to find herself surrounded by bars, and in the next cell was a reddish brown wolf.

"Hey!" Elyria said in a loud whisper, the wolf snapped towards her and began growling.

'What do you want panther!' he growled into her mind. So it was a male...Elyria's senses weren't very good at the moment.

"Where are we? And why are you here?" she asked as she crawled closer to him.

'Welcome to hell sweety! I'm here for threatening the king!'

"Why did you threaten him?" she asked; he took a couple steps back and slowly morphed into his human self.

"Names Zack, and because I can. King promised us freedom. Haven't seen much of it." he said pacing back and forth.

"Freedom?"

"Yeah, someone has to do work around this god forsaken castle! So he bought slaves! I am 27 years old! I shouldn't be trapped here!" Zack growled and suddenly stopped pacing and moved quickly over the side Elyria was on and grabbed a few bars in his hand and cocked his head a little. "Why haven't they killed you like the rest of the panthers?"

"I happen to be the daughter of the woman who killed the queen. And they want to tourture me."

"That whore deserved to die! I give your mother a toast, sorry to hear how she went." Zack said, Elyria shrugged.

"Because of her panther's must suffer, I don't care."

"Didn't you hear why she killed the queen?" Zack asked. Elyria walked closer to be a few inches from him.

"No."

"She was killing innocent panthers all over just for their blood. I guess panther blood made her younger. Rumors are great don't you think?"

"I've heard of it but didn't think anyone would be dumb enough to go for it." Elyria said before frowning. "That means she was just...helping us."

"Hey lighten up kid you had no clue. Besides the worst is about to come."

"Huh?" Elyria turned around to see someone walking into the cell room.

"Hello beautiful." a rough voice boomed. Elyria prayed he was talking about Zack and not her...
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no! RUN ZACK!