Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing. :]

Tattooed & Famous

Bad cop twenty-thousand questions

Penelope leaned against her elbows watching the scene unfold before her. Jake stood pressed against the wall, hands raised to his defense, as her father held a flashlight in his eyes playing bad cop twenty-thousand questions. Caden was jumping at their feet answering half the questions with Jake.

“Dad…” Penelope muttered gently from around the rim of her coffee cup.

“Yes?” The older man smiled over his shoulder at him.

“Be nice and put down the flashlight.” She laughed. Jake looked ready to have a bowel movement or two.

“Ah but I’m having fun.” He pouted at her childishly.

“I swear,” Penelope laughed. “You’re worse than a three-year-old, specifically my hyperactive ADD three-year-old.” Sipping her coffee she glanced between Jake and her father. “Oh by the way Jake, my dad Bruce, Dad, my neighbor Jake. Please don’t eat each other alive. I need both of you to keep that,” Pointing at Caden still bouncing next to them happily shouting something in gibberish. “In line and happy.”

“Fine.” Bruce sighed lowering the flashlight. “You’re getting off easy kid.” He pointed at Jake. “I pull you over out there in the real world, your ass is mine.”

“Dad!” Penelope groaned. “Be nice!” She scolded.

“What? I’m being honest.” He scoffed heading to the table. “I thought being honest was the key to good relationships?” Bruce questioned while taking his seat.

Penelope frowned at him and tugged her bottom lip between her teeth confused. Watching her father a brow simply raised at him confused.

“You gotta stop talking to mom and Caroline.” She breathed into her coffee cup. Bruce huffed at her as Caden climbed up into his lap still chatting away in gibberish. “You okay Jake?” Penelope laughed at the spooked actor against her kitchen wall.

“Huh?” He questioned slowly lifting his gaze to her. Penelope laughed at him. “Oh, yeah…I guess.” Jake breathed nervously. “Wasn’t expecting getting attach by,” Waving his hand at Bruce he licked his lips. “an adult.” HE finished lamely.

“But this.” Bruce held Caden up, silencing the three-year-old for a few seconds. “You expected to get attacked by?” Jake nodded.

“That one I’m use to, along with the dogs.” Bruce smiled at him. “You,” Licking his lips Jake slowly walked to the table. “Not so much.”

“You get use to him. He’s Caden in an adult body with gun.” Penelope smiled at him. Jake gave a nervous laugh as he sat down on the end of the table watching to the Miller’s as they watched him

Caden broke their flickering gazes as he climbed up onto the table. Penelope frowned.

“Get off the table.” She snapped swatting him in the butt. “You know better.” Caden crawled across the table and fell into Jake laugh.

“Hello to you too.” Jake laughed at the small boy in his lap.

“I swear,” Penelope huffed glaring at her father. “You are a horrible influence on him. Every time you’re over he’s ten times worse than usual.” Bruce simply shrugged as Jake laughed at them.

“When?” Caden demanded getting thee adults attention. “When?” He slapped his small hands against Jake’s chest.

“When what?” Jake laughed at the toddler.

“Hike! When?” he demanded.

“Caden,” Penelope laughed. “Be nice.” She warned. Caden simply glared at her before turning his attention back to Jake. “See!” She waved a hand in the air as her gaze shifted to her father. “Horrible! I blame you!” She teased. Bruce once against shrugged at her as if it was nothing.

“When?” Caden yelled. Jake laughed covering the small boy’s mouth.

“If you’re stop yelling I’d tell you.” Caden snapped his mouth shut on the other side of Jake’s hand. “Next Tuesday works for me.” Watching Penelope for a reaction he waited for her to respond.

“Sure, whatever works for you.” She smiled.

“Next Tuesday.” Jake clarified for Caden.

Caden whined and groaned at how far away next Tuesday was and that it needed to be closer. Jake laughed at the rant as Penelope stared her father down. Bruce rubbed the back of his neck.

“Oh my look at the time! I gotta go. Love you bye!” Bruce yelled as he darted out of the kitchen.

“You suck!” Penelope bellowed after him playfully.

“That’s you’re mother!” Bruce yelled before slamming the front door behind him.

“You’re dad’s…” Jake licked his lips unsure of how he was supposed to finish that sentence. “Interesting.”

“He’s an ass, just admit it.” Penelope breathed. “Caden!” She barked. “Enough or next Tuesday will never come.” Caden shut his mouth. “See! I swear it’s my dad’s influence.” She laughed as Jake shrugged his shoulders unsure of the idea.

“I think it’s too much sugar.” Penelope lifted a brow. “and too much time stuck indoors.”

“Shut up before I hit you.” She laughed at him. Jake lifted his hands to his defense once more, a smile lingering on his lips.

The two watched each other as Caden ran from the room to get something to show Jake. Jake had to bite back the dirty comment he had to counter hers and Penelope was waiting for a smartass remark like usual.

“No comment?” Penelope laughed. Jake bit his lip.

“Not one a three-year-old can hear.” Jake countered. Penelope’s lips pursed at his words and her brows raised, intrigued.

“Well he’s not here right now…”

Jake opened his mouth to comments only to stop as Caden rushed back in the room with the toy Jane had given him. Jake pretended to be amazed at the simple hot wheel car being pushed under his nose. Penelope simply smiled at the two lovingly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading and commenting.
It means alot to me.
I love hearing what you have to think on the story.