Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing. :]

Tattooed & Famous

get'em!

“Awesome.” Jake breathed as they rounded a corner. His eyes focusing behind him as Penelope walked along side him slowly.

“What?” She asked gently, touching his arm soothingly.

Sighing Jake looked at her before back down the trail, waiting for the new group to round the corner. Licking his lips he moved his arm away from her. If it wasn’t bad enough Jake had thrown Caden into the media on their day out with out thinking. And they’d been having a field day with that since his recent breakup.

“Media.” He sighed gently.

“Out here?” She laughed. Jake nodded weakly.

“They want to know if I have a kid.” Rolling his eyes he glanced over his shoulder at the group following them.

They stuck out like sore thumbs. Cameras, tape recorders, papers, and microphones, because those are the things normal people bring on a long hike. They just simply can’t survive without them on hikes. Essentials.

“Wow. They go the distance.” Penelope mused gently. Laughing Jake nodded as he faced where he was going. “Don’t worry about.” She added patting his thick upper shoulder.

Weakly nodding his head Jake watched her for a few seconds.

“You don’t mind?”

“Not really. It was comes with you I guess. They’re probably always attached to you, so, it goes with out saying everyone has to be okay with it.” Smiling Jake wrapped her in a sideways hug for a few short seconds. “Don’t push it.” She laughed nudging him to the side.

Laughing he nodded at the simple words. The two continued on down the trail trying to ignore the people a few yards behind them, trying to figure out what was going on. They both focused on keeping their dogs and Caden in check. It wasn’t that hard to do, the dogs were good at following orders leaving Caden to be their biggest problem.

“Caden.” Penelope laughed at the little boys ran around a curve.

“Crap.” Jake breathed. “Wanna get ahead?” he mused nodding his head at the reporters getting closer. Shrugging Penelope nodded.

The two took off running after the small three-year-old, the dogs bounding on their heels. Caden was still running ahead of them wildly as they came around the corner. Both let him run following him with ease and quickly gaining on him.

“Got’cha!” Jake laughed scooping the little boy up as he reached him. Penelope smiled at the two while they laughed. Caden began talking gibberish as they kept walking the trail. Jake held onto the small little boy as they went.

“Hey!” Penelope laughed at the two laughing at each other and pushing the other playfully. “Be nice to each other. I’m the only one allowed to beat you two.” She stated teasingly.

“Nuh-uh!” Caden giggled at her.

“Uh-huh!” Penelope stated back.

“Alright you two, play nice.” Jake laughed at her. “How much longer is this trail? We’ve been out here for hours.” He added looking around.

Penelope glanced up at the area around them, trying to find the end of the looping trail. She couldn’t see much around them other than the nature but other than that one tall cell phone tower stuck out.

Half hour to an hour more.” Jake groaned, head falling backwards. “Yeah, a three-year-old out hikes you.” She added lightly.

“Shut up.” Jake pouted childishly.

“Down!” Caden demanded up at Jake.

“No.”

“Peas?” Caden tried. With that Jake set him down and let him run off happily. Jake shook his head. The kid of a riot for sure.

“Leave the squirrel alone!” Penelope called as Caden began chasing down a busy tailed squirrel.

“Get’em Caden! Get’em!” Jake called instead encouraging the kid to possibly get bitten.

Penelope didn’t even hesitate in forcing her fist into his arm, shutting him up.

“Abuse!” he teased. Penelope raised a brow at him.

“Have you picked a safety word yet?” She asked passing him, leaving him standing their stunned “I’m sure you don’t have the other two things so I won’t even bother asking.” Smirking over her shoulder at him she felt a sense of pride swell in her chest at his stunned features.

“You’re horrible!” Jake’s voice jumping several octaves as he moved to catch up with her. “Horrible!” He gasped to himself. “I kinda like it….” He whispered under his breath.

“What?” Penelope asked having not caught what he said

“I said you’re horrible.” He laughed

“I know, I try.” She chirped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!