Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing. :]

Tattooed & Famous

Gossip Show

Jake looked at the magazines laying on the counter where someone had set them and swallowed nervously. Pictures of him, Penelope, and Caden where on their covers with similar captions, the one that caught his eye the most of the one of him lifting Caden over his head slightly as Penelope reached up to pull down Caden’s shirt the caption: Jake’s New Family? The other one that caught his attention was of him and Penelope walking side by side talking her head was angled downward slightly with both hands raised with her full lips curved into a slightly smile as he walked along side her, shoulders nearly touching, his head turned towards her, the caption: Jake’s New Heavily Tattooed Woman.

Shifting his gave to Penelope standing by the stove cooking, he licked his lips nervously. His eyes trailed back to the small pile on the table.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered eyeing her reaction.

“For what?” She asked not even looking up at him.

Sighing he pointed awkwardly at table, casting his gaze down like a child in trouble. Penelope turned looking at him confused with his lack of answers. She took notice of where his blue eyes were focused, his slumped shoulders, and limp finger pointed to the table.

“My mom brought those.” Penelope sighed.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this. I really didn’t.” He stated nervously. Penelope’s company was something he didn’t want to lose. He enjoyed her brash, uncensored company. She knew how t make him feel better, probably her motherly instincts, she knew how to make him laugh even when he wasn’t down.

“I know you didn’t. I’m not mad. It’s something that comes with you, like my tattoos and Caden come with me. You come fully equipped to host your own gossip show.” Jake laughed nervously. “It’s okay. But tell your gossip show crew if they don’t leave my son out of their reporting’s my fist’ll make sure they never speak another word.” Jake laughed whole heartedly this time. He knew she was serious by her tone and stern, pointed look.

“I’ll do my best but I’m not the host of any gossip show nor do I control it. I just end up on it all the time against my will.” He breathed picking u pa few of the magazines he stopped on one, his eyes bugging. “They got a picture of that?” he questioned holding up the magazine.

Penelope looked at the magazine cover. She held Jake pinned to the ground, leaned over him in the grass and dirt as their faces rested no more than an inch apart.

“Apparently.” She laughed. “Are you staying for dinner?” Jake nodded weakly.

“If it’s no problem?” He added, watching her.

“Never is.” Jake sighed looking through the magazines finding the articles. For front pages the stories behind each one made no sense and from each magazine they never even came close. All they knew was he was possibly with a heavily tattooed woman that either had a child or that it was his own. Other than that they had nothing that was the same, though many of them were drawing vague lines of Penelope being a whore just digging for gold.

“It’s pasta.” Penelope added.

Jake looked up at her response.

“It always is.” He laughed. Caden had this thing where he wouldn’t eat anything but pasta, or mixed with pasta. The kid was crazy about his pasta anything less than pasta he stared at asking where the pasta was. “I’ve gotten use to it. The question now is,” Jake slid up behind her. “What have you added to the pasta?” Penelope laughed, her heart jumping into her throat as he leaned into her.

“It’s not what’s in the pasta yet.” She teased tapping his nose, which caused him to lean back startled. “It’s what I’ll be adding.”

“Same thing.” He grumbled leaning back over her shoulder, his hands finding themselves rested on her rounded hips.

“Not the same thing.” She whispered while she tried to keep her focus on the cooking food and not Jake’s hands. Penelope hadn’t had a man’s hands on her hips in three plus years. Having Jake around was a complete twist to her usual routine. Men didn’t exist very well in her world. She worked on cars, she boxed, she had a son, and she had bad attitude with a foul mouth when rubbed or pushed the wrong way. Jake, didn’t mind, or didn’t seem to mind.

“No you need to sleep!” Jake laughed trying to put Caden to bed. Penelope stood off to the side, trying to hide her smiles as Jake fought with the tired three-year-old. “Yes.” He drew the word out.

“Hey.” She breathed passing him the book in her hands. “Try that.” Jake looked at the book confused. “You read it, it usually puts him to sleep, meaning you get to go home and go to bed yourself.” She pointed before leaving Jake to fend for himself.

Penelope plopped down on the couch, laying out on it and turning the television on. Flipping through channels she could vaguely hear Jake’s voice drifting through the house as he read ‘Where the Wild Things Are’. Her lips moved wordlessly to the sound of Jake’s through the house.

She settled on a movie starting and closed her eyes, still mouthing the words even once Jake’s voice had faded out.

“Dear god!” She sat up at the sudden weight falling over the back of the couch. Jake lay behind her with an amused smirk upon his thin lips. “Ass.” She breathed, hand to her chest.

“Sorry, couldn’t help myself. It was a perfect opportunity.” Jake chuckled sheepishly. “What are we watching?” he asked. “Ew. Jarhead, really?” he laughed taking the remote. “Can’t get enough of me when I’m right upstairs?” Penelope huffed taking the remote back.

“Don’t be a dick, I wasn’t done flipping!” She lied. She actually liked the movie Jarhead. It was a good movie, the fact that Jake’s muscled shirtless form strutted through several scenes was just a plus.

“Don’t lie.” Jake laughed taking the remote back.

“Hey! My house jerk!” she giggled rolling onto her back as they began fighting for the remote. Jake’s voice lifted through the house stopping both of them. “That’s creepy…” She whispered looking between him and the television. “Give me…give me!” She laughed tugging on the remote as Jake tugged on it as well. “Atleast point it,” She tried turning it at the television. “At the tv.” She giggled.

Jake chuckled as he pointed it at the ceiling tugging on it as well. He was enjoying himself.

“Don’t make me hurt you.”

“I think I’d enjoy it.” Jake teased wiggling his thick eyebrows.

“Okay you and…” Penelope pointed at the television. “You,” she giggled. “talking at the same time is weird. Change the channel.”

“Maybe I don’t want to anymore. Maybe I want to watch myself act.”

“Aw you want to watch yourself prance half dressed and get covered in black soot?” Penelope cooed patting his cheek with her free hand. “I didn’t know you were so self involved and egotistical. You come off like a normal guy. You are a good actor my friend.”

Jake leaned down, still holding the remote over his head.

“Now I know why you like this movie.” He breathed in her ear. “If you happen to recall you’ve already seen me shirtless and sweaty.” He added. His hot breath tickling the outer shelf of her ear making her thoughts, feelings, and sense scramble.

“But you weren’t all dirty doing hard labor with that nasty scowl on your face.” She teased back watching as he eyed her.

Jake’s jaw tensed at her words. Was she saying she did enjoy seeing him shirtless? Did that mean she liked him like he liked her? Could he, if he wanted to?

Leaning in slowly Jake gently pressed his lips to hers ever so slowly. Penelope let her eyes flutter closed as the heat rose in her cheeks and her swelled in her chest. Their lips began moving together as they both dropped the remote as their hands moved to their others face.

In other news tonight on E TV. Jake Gyllenhaal in a new relationship already?” Both pulled apart as the channel changed. The statement of Jake’s name had startled them both out of the moment and caused them to look at the television. “Sorry to say ladies, but it looks that way. The superstar was seen only yesterday with a brand new woman. With them,” Images of them hiking were played. “The little cute boy Jake was seen with for the first half of the Lakers game a few weeks ago was with them.” It switched to Jake leaning over Caden at the game.

“I swear to god, I’m going to punch that man in his man business.” Penelope growled. Jake laughed.

“Do it tomorrow…” He whispered turning her face back to his. Penelope swallowed at his proximity. “Does this make you nervous? I can stop, nothing has to happen.” He breathed hoping she didn’t want to stop because he didn’t want to if he didn’t have to.

“I haven’t been with anyone in three years Jake. This is like learning how to ride a bike again and that’s scary for me.”

“We don’t have to do anything, I’m not pushing.” He stated truthfully. She nodded.

“Let’s take things slow okay?” She whispered running her hands through his hair. “Really slow.” Jake nodded.

“Where do you want to start?” Jake asked

“Kissing.” She breathed pulling his lips back towards hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. :]