Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing. :]

Tattooed & Famous

Caden

“Be cool. Tattoos don’t mean anything.” He whispered to himself as he walked up to the front door and knocked gently. He’d waited three days for them to come over but not once. He’d heard several mid day pot and pan sessions but nothing else from them unless he lurked on his balcony like a creeper and he was refusing to do that…and failing miserably.

“Hi.” He smiled waving at the blonde woman answering the door. “I’m you’re neighbor!” He stated jabbing his thumb at his house nervously. He hadn’t seen this woman during his lurking to figure out who his new neighbors’ are.

“Oh… I don’t…” She muttered weakly pointed behind her into the house nervously

“Hii!” Jake glanced down at the little boy and smiled at him. He was clinging to this woman’s legs tightly.

“Hi. I’m Jake.” He smiled waving down at him.

“I’m Caden!” He chirped happily. The kid was cute, there was no denying that. “Wanna play?” He gasped at the idea of having a playmate.

“Oh…I think that’s up to her.” He pointed at the woman. Caden’s eyes darted up to her.

“Pweas Aunnie! Pweas!” Jake looked up at the stunned blonde woman flushing bright red as she glanced between to two of them. So she was his aunt. Meaning she looked like his mother or could.

“I don’t know…” she whispered nervously. Both she and Jake jumped at the loud bark. She spun around as Jake stared at the large silver-grey dog staring him down with dark golden eyes.

A nervous laugh slipped past his lips as he shifted his weight nervously. The dog easily came up to his hip.

“Auto! No!” Caden scolded waving a hand at the dog. “Be nice!” He added with a pointed finger. The dog snorted air and took hold of his sleeve gently, pulling him away. “Auto! No!” He snapped swatting the dog lightly.

“Caden don’t hit.” The woman sighed picking him up away from the dog, Auto, and holding him. Caden stuck his tongue out at the dog as if to say ‘I won’. “Sorry about him. They’re guard dogs.” She laughed nervously.

“As long as I don’t get eaten, I’m fine.” Jake raised his hands slowly, as if showing he had empty hands to the dog. “So you are?” He asked after a few seconds.

“Oh! I’m Caroline Miller.” She stuck her hand out. “I’m his aunt. Penelope is his mother.” She clarified pointing at Caden still making face’s at the dog below him. “This is Auto.” She stated pointing down at the dog nervously.

Jake waved down at the dog.

“Hi Auto…oh!” He jumped spinning around, hands covering his near as he stared down at the rust colored dog. “Hi.” He laughed gently.

“That’s Zeus.” Caroline laughed.

“Hi Zeus…what’re they…” Jake asked gently as both dogs began to circling him.

“Checking you out. They do it to everyone.” She sighed. “They’re well trained.” She stated. Humming Jake nodded slowly letting the dogs do what they were trained to do. Once they were done Auto snorted at him and trotted back into the house and Zeus stared up at him with wide golden eyes. “They’re good dogs unless you’re stealing.” Caroline teased.

“Good thing I don’t plan on stealing for you.” Jake teased gently. Not unless he wanted to die. One of their dogs could take a limb off with one well placed bit and tug. He could see it in their eyes. He felt bad for who ever tried to rob this family in the past and those to hopefully not come in the future. “Sorry I haven’t come over sooner.” He stated with a head nod. Caroline smiled.

“Sorry about the pots and pan drumming.”

“I’m not!” Caden yelled happily from his aunt’s hip. “Iz fun!” He added his eyes growing wide at the thought.

“Sounds like it.” Jake smiled at him. “I can hear you from my house.” He pointed to his house again. “You’re pretty good.” He smiled. Caden’s eyes glistened with happiness.

“I practice good!” He stated simply. Jake nodded slowly his smile growing if it was possible. “Wanna play?” He asked again. Jake simply pointed at his aunt and shrugged confused, his face twisting playfully at the child. “Can we play?” Caden asked hopefully.

“Um…”Caroline muttered confused eyeing the movie star closely.

Jake spun at the honk of the horn. His eyes lingered on the black car parking in his driveway. Turning back to Caroline and Caden he forced a tight lips smile and waved.

“I’m sorry. Next time Caden.” He nodded at the boys pout. “I promise. I mean I only live next door. I promise when I found time I’ll come back over to play if its okay with you’re aunt and you’re mom.” Caden looked up at his aunt for an answer.

“We’ll ask you’re mom when she comes home tonight and then I’ll let him know.” Caroline stated as the car honked once again in Jake’s driveway. Lifting his hand Jake told them to hold on and knock it off. “Zeus, inside.” She nodded. Zeus left Jake’s side and headed inside. “It was nice meeting you.”

“You to. I’ll see you later Caden.” Caden waved sadly as Jake jogged across their front yard and onto his. “What?” He called a bit annoyed once the window began rolling down. “Nice to see you too.” He hissed to himself as he noticed the person sitting inside their vehicle.

“Shut up and get in.” They grumbled. Rolling his eyes Jake walked around the car and slid into the passenger seat. “We need to talk.”

“Figures…” He whispered softly to himself as he shut the door glumly. His eyes cast over to the driver as they backed the car out of the driveway menacingly, eyes focusing ahead of them. “I thought you said what you wanted to say.” He sighed gently, trying not to start another screaming match.

“Who was that?” She pressed. Still not looking at him. Was he that hard to look at? Sighing he turned his gaze out the window.

“My new neighbors.”

“Oh, so you finally, conveniently have neighbors… a pretty one.” She hissed darkly.

“She,” His voice cut smoothly through the warm air in the car, as if a knife through butter. “Is the baby sitter.” Rolling his eyes he placed his elbow on the arm rest and slammed his chin into his palm.

“And his mother?” Her response was just as sharp as his.

“Haven’t met her yet.” Snapping was probably not his best move in this situation but he was trying to figure out why he’d even gotten in the car. He should’ve just flipped her off and told her to bite him, then rushed into his house and locked the door.

“And the father?” She finally looked over at him. “Look at me when I’m talking to you Jake!” She snapped hysterically, hands slamming again the steering wheel.

“You’re not looking at me.” He grumbled looking at all the hustle and bustle of the busy city streets she’d begun to take once out of his gated community. “So why should I look at you, I mean it’s hard to with out wanting to blow my brains out.” He stated simply.

He thought he was over it, he thought he could move on and when she wasn’t around he could. When she was around it was like nails on a chalk board and a twisting serrated blade in his chest. It made the thought of moving on impossible in his mind. It made it seem like he’d failed at everything he’d ever done.

“What about the father?” She hissed annoyed.

He watched her knuckles begin to turn white as she squeezed it.

“Haven’t met him either. Today was my first over their to say hi…” Running a hand over his mouth he let out a loud hiss. “I don’t know why I’m explaining to you. You were the one who admitted to cheating, you’re the one that ended it, I’m the one that walked in on you, I’m the one that tried to be a nice guy and still be friends for the sake of your kids, and I’m the one that ends up getting chewed out, eaten alive, give the third degree, and completely used and violated by you.” He snapped, hands gripping his seat to contain his anger. “Not the other way around. You don’t have the right. Take me home.” He huffed dryly.

Pulling over on the side of the road she smirked.

“If you can’t be nice then you can get out.” Jake glanced at her and opened the door. “don’t you dare get out.” She hissed.

“I can’t be nice.” He hissed back before getting out and slamming the car door. “I’d much rather be eaten alive.” Sighing he looked around.

“Get back in the car!” She snapped.

His eyes landed on a street sign and smiled. Wandering down the street he ignored her yelling. He wasn’t putting up with this anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
last update for the night.
Thanks again for reading. :]