Status: In Progress

The City Is at War

Chapter 1: Ignore Me If You See Me Cause I Just Don't Give A Shit

"Hey, do you ever wonder exactly who else has powers like ours?" One of my best friends, Ivy asks aloud.

"Um... no." I answer blatenly. Honestly I wish I was a naive and ignorant normal. But noooo, I just had to be one of the freaks of nature. Besides I do know a few others who have gifts, or curses some would call it. It's why I know so much about levels and powers, and why Ivy and Natalie look up to me for advice.

Let me introduce myself officially. My name is Abigail, but you can call me Abby. Obviously, I'm gifted, but we'll get to that later. I am absolutly obsessed with music and listen to all kinds. Although lately it's been mostly alternative/rock/pop. I'm a 16 year old sophmore in high school, with my two best friends who were mentioned before.

"But it would be so cool. We could make like a league of justice or something, but with better fashion sense!" Ivy goes on.

"Dude, you mean the justice league. Not league of justice." Natalie corrects.

"Whatever, same difference. And it's dude-ette to you." Natalie and I exchange glances and start snickering at Ivy's petulence. But it's why we love her too.

I turn on my ipod, letting Fall Out Boy flood my mind. I absolutly can't stop listening to the song Golden. It's so beautiful. I sing a little under my breath, careful not to let the others hear me, because next to Natalie I think I sound like crap.

Oh, wait, let me explain. It's not that I have a horrible singing voice, it's more that Natalie has the gift of music. Meaning when she sings or plays an instrument, her voice enraptures you. She's only level 2, so her power only works on the opposite sex.

Ivy has a more physical ability. She can throw a 50 rock at you without breaking a sweat. that chick is crazy too.... Just don't mess with her.

The sky starts to darken, and everyone knows without speaking that it's time to go home. I pull on gloves, even though it's the middle of summer... stupid ability/gift/curse. Let's just say that because of what I can do, I have to try the hardest at hiding myself.
Which kind of explains how what happens next drasically changes my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will be my third story, and strangely, there is no bandslash! This may come as a dissapointment to some of you, but I hope you'll keep reading!

The updates will most likely be short... sorry for that... but I'll try to make the as long as possible!

Chapter title credit goes to The City Is At War- Cobra Starship

Comment and Subscribe please!