Status: In Progress

The City Is at War

Chapter 2: Well She Didn't Choose This Role, But She'll Play It And Make It Sincere

After leaving my friends to go home, I decide to take a more different route than usual. This is New York after all. There's something new to see everyday. I take my sweet time walking; it’s not like anyone's at home waiting for me. I put my ipod on shuffle and Bring Me to Life by Evanescence comes on. I was about to turn the volume up all the way when I hear a commotion in the alley ahead of me. My first thought was: turn around now Abby, don't get involved.

But I'm too nosy and curious to do that. And obviously my legs don't agree with my mind at the moment.

I stop at the mouth of the alley and peer through the darkness. I see two men fighting... well, I'm not sure about it being two men. One of them looks pretty young, like 18 or 19, and the other has a mask on.

The young one ducks as a punch is aimed at his head, and the masked man's fist hits the brick wall. My eyes widen, when the man pulls his hand back and it is completely unscathed. But brick wall is not so lucky with the hole in it now.

I think I must be a complete idiot, because I walk straight towards them, tucking my ipod safely into my hoodie pocket. Thank you Ivy. I think to myself as I put myself on the line for a complete stranger.

"Hey, you! The moron pounding on the kid. Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" (Yeah I know, original isn’t it?) I yell while aiming a kick at a place that never fails. The man however, anticipates this and catches my foot, flipping me to the ground. The kid... he looks familiar...takes this distraction to his advantage and grabs a brick to knock over the mans head.

Which doesn’t have much effect... except making the dude angrier.

I kick my foot out, yet again, making contact with his leg this time. He falls to one knee, hissing a string of curses. The next thing I know, I'm flung to the opposite wall, like a rag doll. I hear something crack when I fall back to the ground, before I am immersed into complete darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, short, I know... but on the bright side they'll start getting longer after chapter 3!

Please comment!!!! I LURVE them!!!

Chapter title credit goes to Time To Dance- Panic At The Disco

*Also, Panic will be making an apperance in the next chapter, and Fall out Boy will be entering the story in about, chapter 7 or 8... Cobra Starship, I'm not so sure yet, but they will definitly have their place in this story!

Thanks for reading!