Status: In Progress

The City Is at War

Chapter 4: I Speak Fast And I'm Not Gonna Repeat Myself, no, So Listen Carefully To Every Word I Say

Regeneration/healing. That's Brendon's ability. in my semi unconscious state, I can almost feel my DNA reform to accommodate this new addition. Almost instantly, my leg snaps back into place. I feel Brendon jerk back, and I know that he felt the rush of power between us.

"Brendon? What's wrong?" Ryan asks, concerned.

"This girl, she ... she's very powerful. I don't know what just happened, but as soon as I touched her, there was this rush of energy, and her leg healed way to fast." He says, slightly breathless.

This is when I jerk upright, my eyes wide and my head still a little dizzy from the flow of my power. Both Brendon and Ryan look at me with interest and awe in their eyes. It's then that I notice that Ryan has this certain air about him that makes me think he's also gifted.

"I guess you want an explanation huh?" they both look at me expectantly. I breathe deeply.

"Alright, well, I'll go straight to the point. My power is to mimic other's abilities. It's rated a level 5. Yes, the most powerful. So far I've gotten strength, a mind shield, meaning that whatever you were thinking about erasing my memory or whatever won't work. And Brendon just gave me regeneration. The only way I can copy your power is if we have skin-to-skin contact. Which is why I screamed at Brendon before not to touch me....so....there."

Ha! Like I really said that, and made a total fool of myself. Told you I was delusional.

What actually happened was:

"I guess you want an explanation huh?" They both look at me expectantly. I breathe deeply.

"Well too bad, cause I got nothin'. Now if you don't mind, I would like to go home now." I get up and hop out of the bed, which is a bad idea, considering that my coordination isn't so great yet. Ryan grabs my arm to steady me, and I lurch myself away before I see that I still have my "protective" gloves and hoodie on.

"Why don't you want anyone to touch you?" Brendon asks, head tilted to the side.

“I have personal space issues." Which is a total lie because I love hugs and cuddles. And I wouldn't mind at all if Brendon or Ryan hugged me.

"Okay, but why do you have gloves on in the middle of summer?" Ryan questions, with a smirk on his face.

"Is this 20 questions or something??? Well if you must know, it's a fashion statement. Gloves are always cool." I answer with a smirk of my own.

I don't feel so dizzy anymore, so I head to the door. Nobody stops me. Without paying attention to my surroundings, I walk out the front door of the hotel, and book it down the street. When I'm a good mile away, I stop and look around. Huh... I'm not too far from my house. Eager to get home and sleep, I start running again.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY for back to back updates! Next chapter might possibly be up tomorrow.

Is no one going to grace me with a comment?

I also have this story, Breathe No More. It's a short Ryden story based on the song by Evanescence if you guys want to check it out.

Chapter title credit goes to It's Hard To Say I Do, When I Don't- Fall out Boy