Status: In Progress

The City Is at War

Chapter 8: I Was Terrified And Would You Mind If I Sat Next To You And Watched You Smile?

Patrick’s Pov

So I guess I’m just entertainment for the person named Pete. For some reason, when he’s bored, he feels the need to bother me. Now, normal people would be tired and would want to rest after performing on stage. But I guess, as this is Pete Wentz we’re talking about, he doesn’t know the definition of “normal”.

This is why I’m sitting here with Pete right next to me, poking me nearly to death. No matter how much I smack his hand, he either moves his hand away in time due to his unfair advantage of knowing when I’m about to hit him, or just ignores it and continues with the poking. I’m about to force him to stop when we hear a knock on the door.

“You better go answer it Trick, it’s for you.” Pete says, waggling his eyebrows in a suggestive way. I roll my eyes and go to answer the door. When I open it, I freeze. There, standing right in front of me, is the girl from the crowd who yelled that she loved me. I notice a backstage pass around her neck and look her up and down. I gulp as I realize that she’s even more beautiful up close than when I saw her in the crowd.

“Stop staring at her and just let her in already.” Andy calls out to me in a bored tone. I snap out of my daze and invite her into our dressing room. She walks in and timidly says hi to everyone.

Suddenly, Pete gets up and grabs the girl up into a hug. He holds her tight and looks at me with a grin.

Did I ever mention that I sometimes really, really hate Pete?

Abby’s Pov

O-M-G. Pete Wentz is hugging me. ME! This has got to be one of the greatest moments of my life. I don’t know why he’s hugging me, but I’m sure as hell not going to complain. I hear Patrick practically growl at Pete with an authorative voice to get off of me.

For some reason, Pete obeys and obediently steps away from me. That’s funny. I never thought of Pete as the obedient type. And the way Patrick said to let go of me… was strange.

It was at that moment I began to recall something Ryan had said to me that day I had fractured my leg.

*flashback*

"Brendon, heal her. I'll try to get Patrick to make her believe she never met us or something." Brendon obliges, and goes to my leg to pull up the jeans a little. Before my dazed self can stop him, his hand is on my now bared leg, and I black out again.

*end flashback*


I gasp and look at Patrick.

“Patrick! You’re gifted!” I blurt, before remembering that no normal is supposed to know about us and I had just basically blown my non-existent cover. The entire Fall Out Boy band looks at me curiously and then, suddenly, Panic at the Disco barges into the room. They freeze when they see me and Brendon’s and Ryan’s eyes widen as they recognize me.

Looks like I have some explaining to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Pretty In Punk- Fall Out Boy