Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..One..

1999 April

"Hey! That's mine Tyler!" The small girl exclaimed, jumping to her feet and racing after her older brother.

"It's mine now!" He cackled, clutching the cuddly dog in his hands "Grow up Emily!"

She groaned in frustration as she chased him, her tiny fists clenched into tight balls. At 10 she was 3 years younger than her brother but knew she was still more than capable of kicking his ass.

"Give it me you douche!" She called, immediately regretting it.

"Emily Sian Newell!"

The little girl stopped in her tracks and winced, anger bubbling through her veins at her older brother's mocking laugh as he ran away.

"Yes mom?"

The woman crossed her arms over her chest, a stern look on her face. "Don't go calling your brother that young lady! It's rude."

"Sorry mom...but he took Patches my dog and told me to grow up and..."

Seeing her young daughter's determined, angry look on her usual angelic features - her blond hair bouncing - making it impossible for Sally Newell to keep a straight face. "I'll get Patches and have a word with him," She reassured the young girl, ruffling her soft golden locks "Look out for Gena, she said she'd drop by today," Sally added as she went to find her son.

Emily's eyes lit up. Gena Paulhus was her favourite cousin. At 18 - 8 years her senior - she was the coolest person in the world to the young girl. With her hair dyed a different colour everytime she visited. her awesome outfits and beautifully done make up Gena was her younger cousin's idol.

Sitting with her legs crossed Emily twisted the grass between her fingers - Gena hardly ever found the time to visit anymore so the youngster found herself waiting in excitement.

Thankfully it turned out that she didn't have to wait too long. Barely 10 minutes after Emily had sat down a black - beat up looking - mustang pulled up outside her house, rock music blaring from the speakers.

She slowly got to her feet as the passenger door flew open - her beautiful, petite cousin bounding out.

"Gena!" Emily grinned, ignoring the two guys also vacating the car.

"Hey you!" The older girl smiled, waving a brightly wrapped present "I brought you something for next week!"

Emily raced over and threw her arms around her cousin's waist.

"Hey, I want you to meet someone," Gena chuckled, patting the top of her younger cousin's head.

Reluctantly Emily let her go, suddenly feeling shy when she noticed the two boys stood by them.

"Emz - this is Zach Baker and Brian Haner," Gena introduced them, Emily blushed as the two smiled and waved "Don't go all shy!" Gena whispered with a smile "They're nice!"

Emily took this opportunity to really look at the two. The shorter one - Zach - was slightly chubby with spiked purple hair and colourful arms, smiling down at her he definitely seemed the more approachable one.

The taller one - Brian - towered over her, long dark hair falling onto a pale, sunglasses covered face. Even to her 10 year old eyes - he was cute.

"Hi," She whispered.

"Hey!" Zach grinned "So we hear you're going to be the big one-one next week...don't we Bri," He added, nudging his friend in the ribs.

"Huh?" Brian frowned "OH! Yeah," He suddenly smiled seeming like he'd only just woke up "Happy Birthday for next week little lady."

She blushed, mumbling a shy "Thank You."

"Gena! You made it!"

"Hey Aunt Sally!" Gena smiled, giving her Aunt a hug and introducing the guys once more.

"Here we are sweetie, I got you your dog back," Sally smiled, handing Emily her stuffed dalmatian.

Emily blushed an even deeper shade of red than before - she'd been trying so hard to look cool in front of the two older boys.

"Oh awesome," Zach grinned, kneeling down beside her - closely followed by Brian "We love dogs."

Brian nodded in agreement "What's his name?"

"P-patches," Emily stuttered in awe of the totally cute boy knelt beside her.

"Well, we have to go, come on guys!" Gena called.

"Just let me get a picture of you and your cousin together," Sally smiled holding up her camera. Emily had been pestering for a picture of her and Gena to go up on her wall for ages.

"C'mere," Gena smiled, bending down so she was the same height as her cousin.

"Okay! Say cheese!"

Just at the very last moment the two guys jumped into the picture. Once it was taken Gena slapped their broad shoulders playfully "I'm off on a roadtrip with these pair, their band and my best friend; Val, but I promise I'll ring you on your birthday Emz yeah?"

Emily nodded, watching as the 3 got in the car and sped off - Brian in the drivers side.

He was cute, in a band and could drive?

Emily sighed, unable to wait for the picture to be developed.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Two Are FlashBacks <3

10 Year Old Emily
13 Year Old Tyler
The Dalmatian Toy xD