Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Eleven..

Those few weeks quickly flew into a few months and Emily found herself fully healed with a brand new close knit family around her.

"We're heading up to Big Bear this weekend if you girls fancy coming," Zach announced over breakfast.

"What's Big Bear?" Emily asked with a confused frown as she cut up her pancakes.

"It's this massive cabin the guys own for when they get writers block," Gena explained before turning to face her boyfriend "Why this weekend?"

Zach shrugged, swallowing the food he was chewing before replying "We wanted a vacation before going back into the studio."

Gena's eyes seemed to light up upon the mention of going to the apartment "And the rest of the girls are gunna go right?"

Zach nodded.

"I'm in then," Gena grinned, turning to Emily "What bout you Emz?"

The younger girl bit on the inside of her bottom lip "I could go I guess."

Zach looked up from from his breakfast, his eyebrows raised "You guess? C'mon Emmey, it's gunna be awesome!"

Emily chuckled, walking over and placing her breakfast bowl in the dishwasher "Okay okay! I'm in."

"Good," He grinned triumphantly "Syn's gunna be over in a bit," He added, using Brian's stagename "Think he has McKenna with him today."

Emily grinned, over the few weeks she's been settling into the A7x family it had been Brian she had become the closest to. His little sister; McKenna, had taken a shine to Emily almost immediately so, whenever Brian was on Big-Brother-Baby-Sitting-Duty they always ended up with Emily.

Within a few minutes the front door went and a drained looking Brian appeared in the kitchen, a babbling McKenna trailing after him.

"Zacky, do you like Usher?" Her attention was suddenly switched to the other guitarist as she pulled herself up onto the stool next to him.

Zach shrugged "Who doesn't like Usher?"

McKenna folded her arms across her chest. "Brian."

"That's cause Brian's boring," Zach laughed as Brian rolled his eyes and made his way over to where Emily was stood.

"How're you on this fine day Patches?" He asked, his usual smirk gracing his lips as he ruffled her hair.

She swatted his hand away in annoyance "I was fine until you showed up Haner," She joked playfully.

"Did Zach mention Big Bear to you?" He questioned, the excitement for the trip evident in his eyes.

"Uh-huh," Emily nodded with a grin "It should be fun."

"'should' be fun?" Brian repeated, almost offended "I expect more excitement off you next time I mention an A7x trip Newell!"

Emily couldn't help but giggle. She felt so safe and carefree around Brian it was almost as though the past few years had happened to someone else. He was her security blanket and as long as he was close by she felt like she could take on the world.

"Emmey, can we go to the beach?" McKenna asked, as she always did "We'll all go! It'll be fun!"

A grin lit up Emily's face - along with Brian - McKenna had also helped her fight her demons. The little girl was like her oxygen "Of course we can sweetie!"

At that moment, with most of her favourite people around her she felt as though nothing could get to her.

And that was something she wanted to hold onto forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought you may like another. Cause Im pretty obsessed with writing this story at the moment lol. I've written up to part 16 so far :)

This is a boring fillerish type chapter so I apologise for that lol

Oh and I wasnt sure how old McKenna actually was so I just wrote her as I felt like lol

Sevenfoldxo