Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Fourteen..

"Emily!" A pair of arms circled round her in a tight hug as she screamed and sobbed.

She didn't dare open her tightly shut eyes in case the arms did in fact belong to Alan and she had to see the corpse of her Brian once more.

"Patches! Come on, it's okay!" The voice hushed, gently rocking her from side to side.

Her eyes snapped open and she pushed out of the tight embrace "BRIAN?!" She breathed, her heart soaring when she saw his - slightly confused - face.

"Yeah, it's me," He whispered soothingly "You were having a bad dream."

More tears escaped her eyes and he pulled her to his chest once more, gently stroking her back.

It was just a dream...

"Are you okay now?" He asked quietly once her tears had subsided.

She nodded, just wanting to hug him and never let go "Will you...nevermind."

"Will I what?" Brian asked in confusion "If you want me to stay with you for the rest of the night I don't mind."

"Please?"

He grinned and crawled under the covers next to her "C'mere you," He smiled, pulling her into his arms "You're safe now, I'm here."

As she snuggled as close to his toned torso as possible, breathing in his heavenly cologne and cigarette smoke scent, she couldn't help but believe him.

*

"What the hell?"

"I'm gunna kill Gates!"

"You really think..."

"Yes! Yes I do!"

"But they're both fully dressed..."

"And we know what he's like!"

Emily's eyes flickered open upon hearing the two debating voices "What're you doing?" she whispered with a yawn as she looked up to see a very angry looking Gena and an uneasy looking Zach.

"What went on last night?" Gena snapped, gesturing towards Emily and Brian - the guitarist still cuddled up to her asleep.

"I had a bad dream and Brian-"

"Took advantage of you??"

"No!" Emily exclaimed with a frown "He comforted me and calmed me down!"

Gena folded her arms and raised an eyebrow "Like I'm gunna believe that!"

"Gena!"

"I know what he's like Emily!"

Brian shifted next to her mumbling "I'm right here you know." With his eyes still slightly shut.

"Stop being so overprotective!" Emily sighed, wriggling from Brian's grasp and getting out of bed, dragging him with her.

He rubbed his eyes "Whaa?"

"Get dressed," Emily said, looking angrily at her cousin "I suppose the whole cabin know about Alan then?"

Zach chewed on one of his snakebites nervously "Well, Gena did kind of shout it..."

"Where we going?" Brian yawned as he reappeared after a quick change - a trucker cap covering his tired eyes.

Emily pulled a tshirt over her head before going over and grabbing his hand "Away from my cousin."

*

"You're going to get us lost," Brian smirked as he followed behind her, hands deep in his jeans pocket.

"I don't care."

He chuckled as he watched her storm ahead, wishing he could see the adorable look of anger gracing her pretty face "Well, if I die out here you'll have to explain yourself to a lot of Avenged Sevenfold fans," He shrugged "I'm kind of irreplaceable y'know!"

She bit the inside of her bottom lip in an attempt to stop but it didn't work and the corners of her mouth slowly formed a smile and she spun round to face him "How is it you can always make me smile no matter what?"

He smirked, the cocky one she'd seen him use on live videos "Cause I'm Synyster fucking Gates!"

She giggled and rolled her eyes as he caught up with her and placed an arm around her shoulders "I can't believe everyone knows now," She mumbled as they continued to walk.

"They won't treat you any different Emz," Brian reassured her "They can't get anymore protective of you! As soon as you set foot into the A7x family - just like everyone else you automatically have 5 bodyguards."

She smiled at his words, leaning her head on his shoulder as they walked "You guys are the best."

He laughed "But I'm the best of the best right?" He asked with a wink, nudging her with his hip.

Thinking of all the things he'd done for her since she had met him when she was 11 she grinned, cuddling close to his frame "Of course you are Brian."

*

"Where have you two been?!" Val asked in a worried tone when Brian and Emily strolled into the cabin at 3pm.

"For a walk," Brian shrugged "We nearly burnt half the trees down smoking so we thought we'd better come back before we did any permanent damage."

"You've been gone all day, we were worried!" Val fussed, giving a giggling Emily a tight hug before going to the bottom of the stairs "GENA! THEY'RE BACK!"

A flurry of footsteps crashed down the stairs and, before Emily knew it, a body collided with her own.

"I'm sorry!"

She giggled once more patting her cousin on the back "It's fine Gee."

"But I didn't mean to tell everyone!" The older girl defended herself "And I'm sorry Brian - I shouldn't have assumed!"

Brian raised an eyebrow "Emily should have come to live with you years ago; that's the first time I've ever heard you apologise!" He winked pulling her into a hug.

She pretended to be offended "Fuck you Gates!"

"That's more like it!"

*

Emily lay curled up under her bed covers - unable to think of anything but Alan and terrified of the bad dream reoccurring.

She bit nervously on her bottom lip. He was never the type of man to give up on something so easily.

What is he knew where she was?

What if he decided to come and get her?

Her heart fluttered and fear prickled her body. She knew the only thing that would help the situation.

She slithered out of bed - her shivering nothing to do with being cold as she padded out of her cold, lonely room and ended up slowly opening the next door down.

"Brian?" She whispered into the darkness.

"Mmm?"

Her breath hitched in her throat and she nervously twirled a piece of hair around her fingers "I-I'm scared."

"C'mon little lady," He yawned, scooting over and patting the space on the mattress next to him.

As she lay next to him his arms automatically looped around her waist and pulled her close to his body.

A calmness washed over her as soon as she was near him, the smell of cigarettes and aftershave, the touch of his smooth skin and the sound of his heart beating.

He was her security blanket and she never wanted to let him go.