Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Seventeen..

"You two are really quiet," Zach frowned from the drivers seat, glancing up in the mirror to Brian and Emily.

"Just tired," Emily answered.

"Sad to be going back," Brian added, glancing over to the girl sat beside him, their hands lightly touching. When they arrived back to Huntington he knew they'd have to go back to living apart. He'd experienced going to sleep and waking up with her in his arms and he wasn't too keen on going back and being without her.

"Are you coming to the signing with us tomorrow Emz?" Zach asked with a light smile.

"Yeah, Brian convinced me," She laughed, stealing a glance over to him - her heart fluttering in her ribcage. She noticed Gena exchange a suspicious look with Zach but ignored it.

"I guess this is my stop then," Brian smiled as Zach pulled to a halt outside his large beach side home, trying to hide the disappointment in his voice. His fingers brushed hers as he got out of the car and retrieved his bag from the trunk. "I'll see you guys tomorrow," He called with a wave as Zach pulled away, making the short journey to the Baker residence - 6 houses down.

*

She thrashed around her bed as he dream returned to haunt her.

A terrified gasp flew through her lips as she sat bolt upright on her bed, pulling her sheets right up under her chin as she trembled with fear.

He would come for her, she knew it. It was just a waiting game for her now.

A silent tear ran down the length of her face, wishing she could have Brian next to her, calming her down and making all the worries disappear.

She jumped as her cell buzzed, with a shaky hand she slowly reached to her bedside table to read the new text message;

I miss you :(. Brianxo<3

She quickly pressed call and put the phone to her ear, anxiously listening to the dial tone.

"Emz? Are you okay?"

She burst into tears at the sound of his voice "I-I'm s-scared again," She mumbled into the phone needing to feel his arms around her.

"Aw baby, it's okay," He soothed, worried about her "Zach and Gena are only down the hall, they've got a pretty amazing security system and Ichabod will nip the ankles of any intruder!"

Emily spluttered a giggle "I just wish you were here."

He sighed ad leant back on his own bed, missing the feeling of her cuddled up to him "I wish I was there too."

"I don't know what to do Brian," She groaned, rubbing her eyes sleepily, the words emerging from her mouth not registering in her brain "I can't live or be brave without you by my side and yet I'm still scared of getting close to someone, what Gena and Zach would think, if A-alan found out...I'm so confused."

He chuckled at her sleepy confession "I like you a lot too Emily," He said in his smooth, deep tone "I'm willing to take it as slow and secretly as you want," He reassured her "I just want to be there for you when you need protecting."

The yawn escaping past her lips caused him to chuckle once more and she quickly apologised "You're being so amazing and I'm ruining it!"

"No you're not Emmey," He smiled "We have all the time in the world to talk. Do you want me to stay on the line until you fall asleep?"

She lay her head on her pillow and snuggled beneath her blanket "Yes please."

*

"Emily?"

She swatted away the irritating voice waking her from her peaceful, much needed, slumber.

"What the fuck?!" The voice exclaimed, trying to dodge her flailing hand "Come on Em! Brian's here and even Gena's awake!"

Brian?

Her eyes slowly decided to catch up with her brain, flickering open to see Zach's impatient face glaring down at her.

"Was there any need for the hitting?" He asked in annoyance.

A blush coloured her cheekbones when she saw the bruise already starting to form beneath his left eye "Oops? Sorry Zach," She apologised with a wince.

He rolled those emerald orbs of his and sighed "It's fine Emz, just hurry up and get ready - we're leaving for the signing in 15!"

She jumped to her feet and scrabbled over to her wardrobe to choose something suitable to wear; hoping to God that Zach meant 15 minutes and not seconds.

Once her Guns n Roses tshirt and black skinny jeans had replaced her pyjamas she threw her hair up in a messy bun - quickly applying some foundation eyeliner and mascara to her face.

She picked up her black and white high tops and raced down the stairs, pulling them on as she did so.

Impressed even herself with her balance down the last few steps, tripping over a loose lace and falling down the last two.

"Whoa there little lady!" the exclaim told her it was Brian who's arms she had landed in "Try not killing yourself next time...or me for that matter!" He added with a chuckle.

Before they were able to give each other a greeting of some sort - even a hug - Zach and Gena bustled them into the hallway. Both voicing their stresses about how late they were.

"I'm glad you two can see the bright side," Zach grumbled as he started the car "Matt's gunna kill us."

*

"There are quite a lot of people out there," Emily mused, turning from the window to face Brian.

"What did I tell you!" He exclaimed in triumph "Never under estimate the power of Avenged Sevenfold!"

She chuckled and rolled her eyes "I was merely mentioning the number of people to poke fun at how painful your writing hand will be later."

He groaned in defeat "Damn you Newell!"

"Dude! Have you seen the amount of kids waiting for us out there?" Jimmy announced, skipping into the room "Have you informed Emily on how awesome and down right sexy our stage persona's are?"

Brian rolled his eyes, turning back to the mirror to continue applying his eyeliner.

"I take that as a no," Jimmy said, almost appalled "C'mon Emz, let me give you a little lesson."

Frowning the young woman followed the much taller man over to a black sofa, parking herself next to him. Luckily for them the music store in which the signing was being held in had put together a 'dressing room' for them.

"Now," Jimmy began with a smile "You already know fuckface over there-"

"HEY!"

"-As Synyster Gates but did anyone tell you our stage names?" He asked, continuing when she shook her head "They were gunna leave you clueless around the fans? Terrible! It's like throwing you to the dogs!"

Emily giggled at Jimmy's eccentric nature. She's wonder how Leana put up with him if she didn't already know how crazy her friend was and how well matched they were.

"Well; I'm The Reverend Tholomew Plague - just The Rev for short - Johnny's Johnny Christ or, y'know, just call him ShortShit, Zach is Zacky Vengeance of Zacky V and Matt is M Shadows," He explained, as animated as always.

"Thanks for the heads up Rev," She grinned, glad she wouldn't look stupid when the fans called the guys by different names "But why the nicknames?"

Jimmy shrugged "Cause we're weird motherfuckers?"

Emily couldn't help but laugh.

*

He watched, nose almost pressed up against the glass front of the music store.

She moved so confidently and freely - leaning forward to catch what one of the heavily tattooed men said to her, a smile lighting up her beautiful face.

Anger bubbled in his veins as she stood behind the same man, her hands resting on his shoulders casually, laughing at whatever he was saying.

"Who's that girl with Syn Gates?" One of the fans stood around him asked in confusion, he almost replied;

My Girl

"Brian Elwin Haner Jnr," Another sighed "How I wish you were 10 years younger."

He almost laughed with glee as he stole one last glance towards the 'happy couple'' Alan Jamesson always got what he wanted.

And now he knew his name...
♠ ♠ ♠
It's 1am and Im updating...haha
I just realised that this story has a ton of stars [well, 10, but y'know ;)] all thanks to my awesome commenters :)

So I thought I'd update as a little thank you :)

Love you guyss :)

Now, I'm going to sleep...

Sevenfoldxo