Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Two..

2004 April

"This party is amazing Emily!" Hannah Davies, Emily's best friend, shouted over the pounding music.

"I know right!" Emily grinned. April 24th was her sweet 16 and her parents had organised a killer party. "I just wish Gena would hurry up and get here!"

Hannah raised her eyebrows in disbelief. Emily's 'amazing' cousin had been letting her down ever since the week before her 11th birthday - the last time they had seen each other.

"She promised she'd come!" Emily defended her favourite family member - secretly hoping she was bringing Brian again.

"I just don't want you to get your hope-"

"There she is!" Emily exclaimed, grabbing her friends hand and dragging her over to where her cousin had entered the venue.

"Happy Sweet 16!" The older girl grinned, handing over a big bag of presents. "The guys're outside in the van if you wanna come say hi?"

Emily's heart leapt. Although she hadn't seen Gena face to face for five years they spoke on the phone every other day - usually joined by Gena's now boyfriend; Zach Baker.

"Of course I do!" She practically bounced, quickly introducing Gena to Hannah as they made their way out into the fresh air.

The van doors were open and 5 guys and a girl were visible, some leaning against the vehicle smoking.

"Hey you!" Zach grinned, pulling her into a hug, the two had become firm friends as they chatted over the phone and e-mail "Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks!" Emily smiled "This is my best friend, Hannah, by the way."

"Hi," Zach replied, unusually polite "I'm Zach. This is Johnny, Jimmy, Val, Matt and - Emz you've already met Brian,"

Emily nodded, trying to tame the blush as Brian waved from where he was perched on the bonnet "Happy Birthday little lady," He winked, almost like he remembered what he's said to her 5 years previous.

Her heart pounded "Th-thanks."

He was still as cute as ever and Emily found her crush hitting her like a steam train once again.

"We should get another picture!" Gena grinned once everyone was properly acquainted with her cousin "We don't know when we'll see you next!"

"I'll take it," Hannah smiled, holding Emily's camera up.

Everyone stood and huddled round the birthday girl.

"Just like your cousin you aren't ya," His cool, deep voice sent shivers down her spine as he tugged a strand of her newly dyed dark hair. "Weren't you blonde last time I saw you?"

She turned slightly, not expecting him to be stood so close - her heart did somersaults "I just like a change."

Brian chuckled "I like the black, it looks cute on you."

"Okay! Everyone ready?" Hannah called once she had got the camera setting right for the dark surroundings.

As the flash went off Emily knew her grin was the widest.