Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Twenty Nine..

"Are you okay man?" Matt asked, patting his best friend on the back softly.

Brian glanced up from where he was fixing his black skinny tie "I really don't want to do this," He replied shakily, quickly glancing to the lead singer sat in the driver's seat.

"None of us do mate," Matt smiled sadly, keeping his hand resting soothingly on the guitarist's shoulder. "But you know we're here for you right?" Brian nodded at his friend's words "And you have to be strong...for her."

Brian glanced out of the window to the big, ageing building they were parked in front of "I know, that's the only thing getting me through this shit," He sighed, running his hands through his shorter hair a few times before flipping the passenger side mirror down - sorting out his reflection "So, how's Val?" He asked Matt, needing to get his mind off the day ahead - even if it was just for a few seconds.

His friend smiled warmly at the thought of his now 8 month pregnant wife - although Brian had only seen her the day before Matt was grateful for the concern him and the rest of his friends had for his heavily pregnant better half. "Usual. Too hot, too cold, so uncomfortable," He chuckled as he recalled Val's complaints about the end of pregnancy blues "I can't believe we'll have a baby in a month's time."

A true smile came to Brian's lips for the first time that day as he also recalled Val's whining. "Well you better believe it Bud or you're in for a shock."

Before Matt could reply their attention was brought to the time, the smiles were wiped off both their faces as their hearts plummeted.

"I'd better go," Brian mumbled "Thank you for all you've done."

"What are friends for?" Matt replied, trying his hardest to make his voice sound light and normal "Hey, good luck in there yeah? We won't be too far away."

Brian nodded his thanks as he opened the car door. He turned and waved nervously to his friend before making his way up the courthouse steps.

*

Gena Paulhus sighed as she nervously paced the room, stopping every now and then to adjust her hair, skirt, shirt...anything...

"I can't do this," A voice familiar to Gena's ears caused her heart to skip "What if I fuck up? Say the wrong thing? Oh God..."

"Hey!" Gena interrupted as the person came to a stop beside her "You're going to be fine okay?" She quickly glanced up to the clock "You can relax now anyway, you'll get to see him soon - he will have just arrived."

"Brian?" Emily asked, hope dancing in her dull, nervous eyes.

Her older cousin rolled her own eyes "No the fucking pope...of course Brian!"

A smile came to the young girls face, because of the protection they had been put under by the police she had only been able to see Brian a few times for the past month, after today...it'd all be over.

*

"So, Mr. Haner, you accuse my client of pre-empting the crime?" Alan's lawyer asked, pacing up and down in front of the witness box where Brian was situated.

The nerves encased his chest as he leaned slightly towards the microphone "U-uhm, y-yes."

"A simple yes or no would suffice," The man smirked, almost mocking Brian's nervous stutter.

He frowned, feeling his onstage arrogance and confidence slowly ebbing back into his system. He lifted his jaw proudly, the infamous Synyster Gates smirk tugging on his lips "Yes Your Honour."

"And what evidence do you have?" The Judge questioned.

"Exhibit A," The lawyer in charge or the band and Emily's side of the case announced. They had been forced to hire her when Alan had retracted and denied all of his previous confession "A letter sent to Mr. Haner a few days before the attack."

As Alan's words were read to the court Brian bowed his head, daring to remember the day he'd received the note.

*

"We've got MAIIIIIIL!" Jimmy called through the bus as they made their way back for a Huntington Christmas.

Brian shifted through his pile, only stopping when a plain envelope - only decorated with a letter B - came into view.

He ripped it open, his blood running cold as his eyes scanned over the words;

To Brian,

How is she? My beautiful Emily?

I thought I'd write to pre-warn you that she will soon be coming back to me - one way or another. For - Mr. Haner - if I can't have her no one can.

Watch out for me Brian, you never know when I'll strike and the bullets will fly.

Alan


"Baby? Are you okay?" Emily's voice tore his attention from the letter and he quickly shoved it into his pocket.

"Me? I'm fine..."


*

"Thank you Mr. Haner," The Judge nodded, announcing a small recess.

Brian tugged at his tie as he was able to join the rest of his friends in the viewing gallery.

"Are you allowed up here?" Val asked as she reached for her friend's hand, Brian gratefully allowed her to take it.

"Don't give a fuck," he shrugged, his leg twitching nervously "I want her to be able to see me."

As Val squeezed his hand the court became a bustle of movement once more, Gena slipping into the seat next to him.

"How is she?" Brian asked as she linked her arm through his.

"Nervous as fuck," Gena replied, nervously biting on her bottom lip.

Then, before any of the group knew it, Emily was stood in the witness box. A stubborn look graced her features as she prepared herself for the questioning.

"Miss. Newell," Her own lawyer started, pacing before her "I would like to bring it to the court's attention that you and Mr. Jamesson were once a couple. That is correct?"

Emily gulped "Y-yes," She replied, Brian leaned forward in his seat desperately needing to be closer to her.

"But it wasn't a normal relationship?"

"No."

"Please explain Miss. Newell."

Emily took a deep breath, her eyes quickly finding Brian before she spoke "Alan was violent every day, I have scars on my body - some I can't even remember happening," Her voice shook as she spoke, her eyelids quickly blinking back tears "He'd fly off the handle at any possible moment, over the smallest of things."

"But you managed to get away; live with you cousin, even find a new man. Has Mr. Jamesson done anything recently to cause you harm?"

A single tear rolled down Emily's cheek "Not me, Brian," She replied "Alan attempted to kidnap me in Johnny's Bar but Brian stopped him. In the scuffle Alan...he..." She paused for a second, taking a deep breath "He stabbed Brian in the stomach."

As a gasp rang through the courthouse a cocky grin came to Emily's lawyer's lips "I believe I have handed you both evidence and motive to prove to you Mr. Jamesson is guilty Your Honour. No more questioning."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh My Goshhhh I'm sorry guys!
Ive been away for ages and ages and ages! I've been working like everyday so I haven't had time.
I hope this makes up for it...there's another in the making as we speak :D

Samxo