Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Three..

2009 May

Emily Newell sighed as she stared into the mirror.

"I'm so sorry baby," He apologised in his husky voice for the 10th time that night. His breath still stank of whiskey. "Are you okay beautiful."

She nodded slowly, careful to not allow any of the tears brimming her eyes to escape. He hated it when she cried.

"I'm fine," She replied, almost robotically as she gingerly wiped the blood from her nose.

"Good," He smiled crookedly, rubbing her back before turning to leave the bathroom.

Her legs felt like jelly as soon as the door swung shut behind him and she grasped onto the sink to steady herself.

Forcing herself not to cry she took in the damage that had been done this time; a bloody nose (which undoubtedly would mean two black eyes), bruised arms and stomach and a small cut on her chin.

She sighed once more, dragging her eyes from her ruined reflection - it was nothing long sleeves and make up couldn't cover.

*

He was gone by the time she had woken the next morning.

She only hoped it was to work and not to buy more alcohol with the little money they had.

She carefully walked down the stairs, clutching onto her bruised stomach to try and stop the pain movement cause. Careful to avoid the windows - so no one would see her - she made her way into the kitchen to retrieve her stash of painkillers.

Once the tablets were washed down with a glass of water she cringed when the bunch of flowers that lay on the table came into her view.

To My Beautiful Emily the card attached read I Love You Sweetheart <3

She almost laughed. Him...love?

Shaking her head, she quickly put the flowers into a vase of water in case she forgot before he arrived back home.

The shrill ringing of the phone startled her.

"H-hello?"

"Hey Emz! It's Hannah! You still up for today?"

"I can't," Emily replied in a voice barely louder than a whisper "I'm not feeling to good."

"Oh," Hannah said, Emily could hear the suspicion in her voice. "Are you oka-"

"I'm fine, I'll call you when I'm better and we'll go out - I promise," Emily rushed, trying to squash out any suspicions her best friend had.

"O...kay," Hannah frowned "Call if you need me! Bye!"

I need you!! Emily stopped herself from shouting and placing the phone into the receiver. He wouldn't be very happy if he were to come home early and hear her say such words.

Alan Jamesson.

My Biggest Mistake
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought i'd post another :) they do get longer I promise :)