Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Thirty..

"You okay sweetie?" Gena asked, rubbing her younger cousin's back as she threw up into the toilet.

Emily nodded, getting to her feet, rinsing her mouth out and gratefully accepting the chewing gum off Gena "I just want it to be over with," She complained, her hand protectively covering her stomach.

The older woman frowned at the gesture "Emz, when did you and Brian last have sex?"

Blushing at the bluntness of the typical Gena question Emily nervously chipped the black nail varnish on her right thumbnail "Last month, when we were still living together..."

Gena's eyes bulged as she guessed the secret the couple had kept from their friends for the past week "You're pregnant?"

*

Brian paced the corridors nervously, his tie now shoved in his jacket pocket.

"Brian, dude, why don't you come sit down?" Jimmy asked softly, patting the seat of the empty chair next to him.

"Yeh Bri - Emily will be fine, Gena's with her," Lacey agreed.

"You don't get it! All this stress isn't good for her, especially in her-" He paused, knowing he was unable to take back the words he had just blurted out he sighed the last one "Condition."

A gasp passed through Val's lips as the rest of the group stared at him with wide eyes "How far along is she?" Val breathed.

Brian allowed himself to drop onto the empty chair. Resting his elbows on his knees he leant his head in his hands "A month and a half."

As congratulations and friendly pats on the back rained down on Brian an unfamiliar suited man appeared before them. "Are you connected with the Newell/Jamesson case?" He asked, continuing when they nodded "They're ready to give the verdict."

*

Stood in the witness box Emily nervously bit on her thumbnail, her eyes darting up to her friends in the gallery every few seconds.

As the spokesperson for the jury got to his feet she felt her heart flutter in her ribcage, her hands shaking as the judge spoke.

"Mr. Michaels, have the jury come to a decision you all agree on?"

The man nodded "Yes Your Honour."

"Mr. Jamesson is accused of Domestic Violence, GBH and Attempted Murder, how do you find the defendant?"

"Guilty."

Emily let out a breath she hadn't realised she's been holding as she steadied herself against the sides of the box she was stood in.

The judge nodded in agreement "I sentence the accused Mr. Alan Jamesson to a minimum of 30 years in prison with no bail."

She watched as Alan crumpled to his knees in defeat, two police officers dragging him to the cells, and felt a warm sense of peace wash over her body as he was finally out of her life.

Bursting into a run she headed back to the room she had been confined in all morning. She soon found herself colliding with Gena, her older cousin wrapping her arms protectively around her thin frame.

"It's all over now!" Gena exclaimed in a whisper as she rocked Emily slightly in her arms "There's someone with me to see you sweatheart."

As she pulled from the older woman's tight embrace she spotted him, casually leaning against the door frame - a smile stretched across his handsome features.

Unable to help it she launched herself at him, jumping into his arms and wrapping her legs around his waist. "I missed you!" She mumbled, burying her face into the sweet smelling soft skin of his neck.

"I missed you too," He breathed into her hair. Gently pulled her face from his neck he kissed her softly on the lips "Are you ready to come home?"

She almost melted at his words, keeping a tight grip on him "More than anything."
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies :(

BUT New Story!
I guarantee I'm back for definite now.
AND
Ask me questions, anything you want (within reason :P) on my Formspring :D