Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Four..

Gena, I know I don't really e-mail much - it's Hannah Emily's friend. I'm worried about her - i think she needs your help

Gena Paulhus frowned down to the screen of her sidekick at the instant message.

I'm sure w/e trouble my lil cousin has got herself in2 she can get herself out She typed back quickly. Emily had always been the brave one of the family - able to hold her own (and win) in any fight thrown at her.

She was always a nice girl at heart - using her toughness to protect her friends or those weaker than herself - she never tolerated bullying.

Not this time. Hannah's reply sent chills up and down Gena's spine. Thinking back she couldn't remember the last time she had spoken to her favourite family member.

???

It's her boyfriend...

Gena felt sick as she read over Hannah's fears and suspicions. "Zach?!" She called through the tour bus from the bunk she shared with her boyfriend.

"Uh-huh?" He called back, simply by the tone of his voice she could tell him and Brian were up to something.

"When will we be back in Huntington?"

"By tomorrow sweetie," The laugh in his words confirmed her previous thoughts "Around midday."

"Good," She replied, unable to shift the knot of worry for her cousin she had in her stomach. "We're calling in at Emily's."

*

The usual wince passed over her bruised face as the front door slammed shut. She chewed nervously on her bottom lip as she placed the food she had prepared onto two plates.

"Good Morning pretty lady!" Alan slurred - half empty whiskey bottle clutched in his hand.

She gulped - not bothering to inform him it was 9pm and most definatley no longer morning.

She knew where that would get her.

Placing the plates of food onto the table she sat opposite him - they both began eating in silence, him pausing every now and then to swig a mouthful of whiskey.

"Did you let anyone see you today?" He grunted, his eyes scanning the cuts and bruises on her face.

He'd never been the clever type - instead of causing damage to parts of her body no one saw he always allowed the anger to take over.

Then again; if he was clever he wouldn't hit me in the first place She thought sadly, quietly mumbling "I'm not stupid."

He frowned "You think I think you're stupid?"

She slowly glanced up - the rage on his face evident. "No - of course not I-"

He jumped to his feet - his large frame towering over her petite one "How DARE you make assumptions about what I think woman!" His dinner plate smashed against the wall.

She quickly scrabbled over the clean the mess but he got to her first. Grabbing her hair in his left fist his right made contact with her ribs - knocking the wind out of her and leaving her gasping for air.

"I...sorry," She wheezed once he had thrown her to the floor.

"Did. You. Let. Anyone. See. You?" He repeated, kicking her in the stomach.

"No..." She shook her head in desperation, her breathing still wheezed "I...promise."

as she tried to get up he shoved her hard - causing her to smack her head hard on the floor. her nose started to pour with blood once more.

"Stay on the floor where you belong," He spat, his words being the last she heard as she drifted into unconsciousness. "Emily?" He poked her with the toe of his shoe. "Emma Emma Emilyyyy!" He taunted, before sighing in annoyance "Suppose I've gotta ring you a fucking ambulance."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love updating :)

Ee thank you all for the comments, i'm updating from my phone at the minute but when I update on the computer i'll list your names and that :) cause you're all awesome :)

Sevenfoldxo