Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Five..

"This is where Emily lives?" Zach frowned as him and his girlfriend climbed out of his black BMW.

The house in front of them looked like it was crumbling down in front of their very eyes. Half the windows were boarded up, the fence travelling round the garden may as well hadn't been there at all and the building looked like it could fall down at any second.

"It matches Hannah's description," Gena shrugged - just wanting to see with her very own eyes that Emily was okay. They knocked loudly on the door.

It opened only wide enough for them to see half of the man's face. His eyes were bloodshot and paranoid, his skin gaunt and his brown hair greasy "Yeh?" He grunted.

Zach's arm slipped around Gena's waist, clamping her safely close to his side.

"We're here to see Emily?" Gena asked, nervously playing with the hem of her t-shirt.

The man chuckled "Oh, she's not here," He replied, humour lining her words "She's in the hospital."

*

"It's not as bad as it looks."

Hannah's eyebrows shot up "No it isn't, it's much worse!" She shook her head in disbelief "Don't even think you're going back to that house!" She added, her eyes running over her best friend's bruised and battered body.

Emily blushed "I've got nowhere else to go," She mumbled - her parents had emigrated to Australia a few months previous "Tyler's so busy," She added, pride shining in her eyes. Her older brother worked in the music business - managing small bands and producing many successful albums.

"You have me!" Hannah replied "You're not going back to him Emily."

Her friend bit on her bottom lip. This could be her chance to get away from the hell she was living...

Alan wasn't going to like that.

*

"Excuse me?" Zach asked the young woman behind the hospital's reception desk. Keeping his hand wrapped tightly around Gena's he nervously chewed one of his snakebites.

"Hi," She smiled warmly "How can I help you?"

"We're looking for Emily Newell," Zach answered, exchanging a confused glance with his girlfriend as the girl behind the reception frowned.

"I'll be right back sir."

*

The two girls quickly glanced up as the door to Emily's hospital room flew open.

"Hi," One of the nursing staff smiled, glancing her head around the door "Could I speak to you a second Hannah?"

Patting her friend's ice cold hand Hannah got to her feet "You'll be okay here?"

Rolling her eyes Emily chuckled "I'll be fine."

Hannah nodded, turning to follow the nurse "What's the matter?" She asked, running a hand through her long dark locks.

"There's a man here to see Emily-"

"A man? What man?" Hannah frowned, panic starting to build up in her chest "What did he look like?"

The nurse placed a hand on the girl's should to calm her "We have it under control," She reassured her "He had piercings, tattoos and he had a pretty blonde girl with him."

Hannah's eyes lit up "They came! Are they still here?"

The nurse nodded "We weren't sure who they were so they're in a more private waiting room. Do you know them?"

Hannah nodded, her spirits lifted "The girl is Gena - Emily's cousin - and the guy is Gena's boyfriend - Zach."

*

"What's going on?" Gena sighed as she placed the small room.

Zach shrugged from where he was sat. Instead of being taken straight to Emily they had been bustled into a small windowless room.

"I'm sick of this!" Gena complained "I'm sick of-"

"Gena!"

"Hannah?" Gena smiled, relief filling her body upon seeing a familiar face. She pulled the younger girl into a hug "What's happened? Is Emily okay?"

"I'm so glad your both here," Hannah sighed shakily once Gena finally let her go "I'll take you to her. She's going to need a lot of help."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, updating from my phone but thank you all so much for the comments! Thought i'd give you another before I go to work. Hope you like it :)

Sevenfoldxo