Wake Me Up Forgotten Faces

..Eight..

Day quickly turned into weeks and the huge Baker/Paulhus household was soon feeling like home to Emily.

With her bruises fading and her cuts healing she was able to come and go as she pleased - usually on shopping trips with Gena, Val, Lacey and drummer of the band - Jimmy's - girlfriend; Leana.

As her only important possessions - the two photos of when she met the guys, two family pictures and a necklace Tyler had given her - had been in the pockets of the jeans she's been wearing when she had been taken to hospital and Zach and Gena had kindly bought her all the clothing she needed there was no need for her to ever go back to the house with Alan again.

A soft knock on her bedroom door awoke her from her peaceful slumber "Hmm?"

The door swung open and Zach jumped on her bed, an eye to eye grin stretched across his face.

"Hello," Emily greeted sleepily, not bothering to sit up - or even open both of her eyes.

"Hannah rung for you," He announced "She said she misses you and to call her back."

Emily frowned, opening both her eyes in suspicion as she sensed the excitement in Zach's voice. There was no way he was that excited about Hannah calling.

"What else has got you all excited?" she dared to ask, emerging from her sheets and propping herself up in a sitting position.

"Brian's home today!" Zach squeaked.

Emily was unsure of what to do as the information processed in her brain. Brian Haner was the only one of the guys she was yet to meet back up with due to a family reunion and holiday - as well as the one she was most eager to see again.

"Come on Emz!" Zach exclaimed, taking her expression to be confusion "You must remember Brian!"

Emily chuckled at the disappointment lining her friend's voice "Of course I remember Brian you douche! I just...don't function well in the morning!"

Zach grinned once more, excited that his friend was coming home "We're all meeting at Matt's tonight, like, Welcome Home Drinks or something. You in?"

She was almost positive her grin was as wide as Zach's "Yeah, I'm in."

*

"You ready Emmey?" Gena called up the stairs to her younger cousin.

Emily took one last look in the mirror and sighed. Her first A7x get together and she looked like shit.

Quickly sorting out the failing attempt of hiding the cut above her eye with her hair she made her way downstairs.

"You look nice," Gena complimented, taking in her little cousin's military jacket, plain white tank top, black skinny jeans and her converse all stars.

Her cousin smiled shyly as they joined Zach in the car.

The ride was quiet with Zach trying to contain the excitement of seeing his best friend again and Emily trying to contain her anxiety.

The past few - life changing - weeks had been so overwhelming. She'd managed to escape her old, hellish life, and met some amazing new people.

She loved the girls and already couldn't imagine how she had once lived without them. Then there was the guys, although she liked them and always had fun with whichever one she was with she still wasn't sure how to act around men.

The car came to a stop outside Matt and Val's place and the three got out of the car.

"You okay honey?" Gena asked, linking her arm through Emily's.

"I'm fine," She replied, hoping the shakiness in her voice wasn't evident to Gena.

All the guys would be in one room and - by welcome home drinks Emily assumed - with alcohol.

Before she knew it Val was bustling them into the house, a huge grin stretched across her pretty face. "You guys are early," She said, almost in disbelief.

Gena chuckled as Zach disappeared to find Matt "Zach was so excited to see his boyfriend."

"Tell me about it," Val rolled her eyes jokingly "But, I've gotta admit it; even I've missed Brian."

"Oh God, don't tell him," Gena winked as the three women moved into the living room "We can't have his head getting any bigger!"

*

it wasn't long before everyone but Brian had arrived and Emily found herself cradling a glass of diet coke squashed between Gena and Johnny.

She watched as Zach and Jimmy downed shots of J.D., her stomach tying itself in knots. The smell of it hanging in the air making her feel sick.

The door went and she jumped so slightly neither Gena of Johnny noticed.

Barely a few seconds after Matt had gone to answer the door he reappeared, talking excitedly with another tall, muscular figure.

Brian Haner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brian's baack :)