Take My ***ing Hand and Never Be Afraid Again

Revisiting Horrors and Closer Friendships

“I know. I’ll tell them.”

When we arrived back at the hotel, all the boys piled out of the vans and ran to the nearest starbucks, which coincidently was right across the street, the fight for who got there first was between the brothers, Gerard and Mikey. I sighed and trudged my way back into the hotel and into the lift up to the room where my life was about to be revealed. I barely knew these boys and I was telling them my life story. My mind was plagued with thoughts about how to explain exactly what happened, and also a method of doing so without crying.

Crying is not an option…not this time, Angel. Crying is weakness. Be strong.

I reached my room, which I shared with Gerard.

Oh shit! I forgot I shared a room with him! Well now things are going to be more interesting. Fan-fucking-tastic!

I sighed and opened the door slowly before putting my bag on the chair that resided near the door. I paced the room trying to think of how I was going to start my little speech. I flopped down on the bed exhausted with thinking. I closed my eyes for only a second but just as I started to relax and close my eyes, I began to see flashes of the accident. The sounds were as clear as they were that night, the brightness of the headlights just as bright, the breeze that lashed at my face as I ran, I could still feel it. I opened my eyes quickly and saw the boys all standing over me looking like they were all trying to read my mind.

Creepy much?

Frank’s POV

After we all raced to the Starbucks across the street, Mikey of course being the first one there followed closely by Gerard, we headed back to the hotel with our beverages. As we approached the lift this sudden wave of curiousness came over us all. We all began talking about what we thought angel had to tell us about. Rob quickly jumped into the lift with us as well and the lift soon fell silent. I was pondering on what she could tell us. When we got to the right floor we started off down the hallway towards Angel’s room...she shared with him.

I shook my head clear as we approached the door. Rob was about to knock when the door clicked and opened and suddenly Angel appeared at the doorway. She had changed her clothes, by this time she was wearing a pair of black silk boxer shorts and a pink shirt with a teddy on it. She looked cute.

I looked at her with raised eyebrows only to receive a sweet smile in return. It all of a sudden became very tense as we all sat in the lounge room. Gerard, Mikey and Ray on the three-seater lounge and Bob and I on the two-seater and in the centre of the room sat Angel in the recliner chair with Rob standing behind her. She had her legs curled up on the chair with her like a little child in the middle of winter. I noticed that she had scrapes on both her knees they looked serious but she didn’t seem to take any notice of them. She looked to Rob and he nodded.

Normal POV

This is it...

I nodded to Rob as Frank finally sat down and everyone was settled. I curled my feet up onto the chair even further as Rob began to speak.

“Okay...um...Well this is about the reason Angel’s here and I didn’t want her to go through this without some support. She would certainly have it from me, but I was hoping she would get a bit extra from you guys. Well that’s completely up to you...” I heard Rob’s voice waver slightly and I heard the emotion in his voice.

He soon quietly excused himself and went into the kitchen leaving me to fend for myself. I sighed heavily, and the room fell silent.

“Okay um...I’ll start at the beginning...my dad died before I was born and he used to sing to me and he called me his little angel, hence my name. Uncle Rob used to send mum and money packages to help support us as I grew up. It was always the same routine, mum would be home at six pm and I would have dinner on the table ready for us both by the time she came home...” I took a moment to try and compose myself a little.

“It was getting later than six and I started to get worried about her...i went outside onto the front porch and…” I closed my eyes not willingly remembered the night as I continued.

“I felt the wind lashing at my face, it was ice cold… I saw her car come around the corner of the street. I couldn’t have been happier at that moment…but as soon as my happiness had come it was ripped from me in one violent flash of a moment.” I paused and opened my eyes to see the boys all staring at me intently with slight sympathy from the story so far. I sighed heavily as I knew tears were on their way.

“A...a car came from side street. They…they….” I felt the tears brimming and trying to flow but I sniffed them back. “The driver of the car was speeding and didn’t see my mums’ car... they side slammed into her car…” I stopped as I heard everyone in the room gasp and clasp their hands over their mouths.

I put my head down as the boys all rushed over to me at once. “No. Please…let me finish.” They all stopped in their tracks and sat back in their seats.

“Thank you.” I looked down and wiped my cheek against my shoulder trying to stop the tears. I continued the tale with my head down.

“My…my mothers’ car flipped, missing a telegraph pole by centimetres, before…bursting into flames as it hit the ground. I wanted to run to her the minute I saw that car come around the corner but my legs wouldn’t move, but the instant they did I jumped the porch railing and ran as fast as I could towards her car. The other car was gone by the time I reached her. I skidded across the gravel on my knees, hence the cuts…I had to bring my hand up to my face to protect myself from the flames and the fumes of petrol, smoke and burning flesh. It was disgusting. It wasn’t long before my best friend; Hayley came running from her house to pick me up from the ground.” I closed my eyes tightly as I knew the tears had forced their way from my eyes. When I finally looked up I saw the five boys with their mouths agape staring wide-eyed at me.

I quietly excused myself from the room and ran into the kitchen where I hoped Rob would still be. As I turned the corner to the kitchen I found Rob sitting against the wall his head in his hands, he must have heard me coming because as soon as I entered the room he lifted his head and rose from the ground. He smiled a sympathetic smile to me and held his arms out to me. I ran straight into his open embrace, wrapping my arms tightly around his waist as I broke down into tears.
He simply rubbed comforting circles on my back and tried to calm me down as best he could. I never really looked at Rob as an uncle before…now I do.

I lifted my head to look at him. He was staring down at me; his cheeks, nose and eyes red from crying so much. “You did so well, Angel. I’m proud of you.” He sniffed a bit at the end. I smiled up at him slightly.

“Thanks Uncle Rob.” He smiled widely at me making me smile.

“Your welcome Angel.” He kissed the top of my head and hugged me into his chest briefly before turning me around to face the kitchen door. There in the doorway stood the boys. All red eyed and looking down. I smiled softly and ran over to them giving them a group hug. I sniffed and I finally felt fully welcomed into their family.

I felt someone tug on my arm I looked up to see who it was…
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like this chapter
please comment
=)
love you all
-cyber cookies for all who comment-
love manda