My Guardian Angel

Guilt and Betrayal

We arrived back at the house just beofre dusk. As I opened the door, Mom and Dad were sitting on the couch, glaring at me with some kind of silly what - are - those - 5 - maniacs - doing - here - without - our - permission frown.

"Mom. Dad." I barely take a look at them.

"Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Cullen! It's an honor to meet you. My name is Ben Romans, we are the Click 5, and my, my, I surely think that you're daughter is the most wonderful kind of child in the whole wide universe!" Ben smiled.

Dad silently turned to him.

"Um, guys, you could go to the basment first. I'll meet you a little later, okay?" I said.

They brushed passed me. Joey patted me on the shoulder and whispered, "Good luck."
I gave him a weak smile.

"I don't know what's gotten into your mind these days. . . but, God, Addie. Be a little more concious about more important things!" Mom demanded.

"Other things?!" I yelled.
"School. Friends. Family." Dad replied.

"I don't even have school! Its the winter season! I don't have friends! and sometimes, these guys are more here for me. They even act more like family to me that you do."

Tears formed in the corners of my eyes. Little did I know that the guys were hiding behind the staircase, watching every single scene that played as they glanced up at me with guilt.

I slammed the door behind me as I trudged outside to the garage. I sat down on a bench near the gate and sighed.

A few minutes later, someone's footsteps grew stronger while a shadow approached me.

"Hey."

It was Kyle.

I didn't bother looking up, from my depression and angst, it wasn't worth it.

"It's okay," Kyle said.
He lifted up my head and wiped aWay the tears I tried to fight back.

"I know it's not my fault." I said. "It's yours."
Kyle looked up at me; all confused and full of doubt.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Yeah!" I shout.
"If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have to go through all this exigent pain! If it wasn't for you, and your stupid Cancer sickness, I wouldn't have to be living like a lie!"

"Cancer sickeness?" someone called from behind me.

My eyes grew wide as if they were going to pop out of their sockets.
Kyle took a wild gasp.

I turned around slowly. Joey was standing still as Ben, Ethan, and Joe were left completely speechless.

A chill shot right up and through my spine, leaving me as speechless as the others, and all the I could ever be. I felt guilt bloat up through my faces as diamond-shaped tears welled up in my eyes, trickling down slowly once more.

I had betrayed myself, and all that I had hope in.

I had betrayed the Click 5.

And most importantly . . .

I had betrayed Kyle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Man, this is one of the chapters I had difficulty writing. It's just so...:( sad...
Well, the whole story is quite motivating . . . so yeah.
Comments are grandly appreciated.
And if so, please subscribe. Thank you! :)