My Guardian Angel

The Biggest OMG of my life.

I tried to think up of the quickest plan so that they wouldn’t really think that I was trying to get their attention. The best idea I had was to innocently drop my backpack and let my stuff fall to the ground right in front of the counter so that Kyle could help me gather my things while taking his order.

and so, I did it…

Kyle came approaching me until he whirled around to face his bandmates. “Come on, guys, what do you wanna order?”

What? No…NO!
“Hey.”

I lifted my head and saw someone staring at me blankly.

Oh, no…please…

Please…

NO!!!

The guy had a pair of black thick glasses and bushy eyebrows. He had zits covering his pale face and curly light brown hair. His shirt was tucked in his so-called pants. I didn’t exactly understand who or what he wanted to be, but whatever it was, it wasn’t working. In fact, it’ll never work.

“My…my…name is…E..El…Elmo,” he said.

I wanted to leave on a jet plane and go off all the way to Australia and hide in a tree so that no one will ever know that I existed.
I flashed a fake smile.

Trust me, it was a really fake smile…

Kyle glanced at me as “Elmo” helped me gather my things. I sped away from the nerd and sat on a chair right next to Joey Zehr--the band’s drummer.

Come on, Addie! Think of something cool to say so that you won’t act like such a big fool! THINK, THINK, THINK!!!

A few things from my loose jeans pocket fell out as I reached down to pick them up. Suddenly, Joey bent down to help me.
“Hey.”

Oh…my…GOSH!

“Hi…” My voice faded away.

“I don’t mean to be such a big braggin’ ass, but…have you heard of…me?” Joey asked calmly.
“Omigosh…you’ll never know how big of a fan I am of you guys. I love you guys! You just rock my whole world…you rock my eye sockets inside and out!” I replied.

Woah…what was that? I actually sounded…cool!

“Wow, you must really be a big fan of our music. How long have you been listening to us?” he asked.
“Around two years.”
“Wow. Longer than I’ve ever known anyone else that’s a fan of us.”
Joey continued to help me with my things and dropped them on the palm of my hand.
“Thanks a lot.”
“No prob.”

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

“Hey…” someone called. “What’s all this commotion about?”