My Guardian Angel

Clicking In

Kyle led me to his table as Ethan looked at me.

"Who's this?"

"Addie...Cullen. She's a really big fan of ours," Kyle says, as he reaches for something in his backpack.

"Kyle, remember what Mr. McFire said? We can't see any fans here no matter how big of a fan of ours they are because it'll ruin our surprise visit next week!" Ethan complains. He turned to me. "I don't mean to be rude, but it's the manager's orders."

"I just have to give her something. For helping me with my blind eyes to find a fork anyway," Kyle grinned and handed me something from his bag.

What is it?

"What is it?" I asked, as if everything I were thinking right inside my head were being said out of my mouth.

"A book."

A BOOK?

"A book of the whole entire Click 5 history. Even when I wasn't there yet. It was how the Click 5 came to be, all the parties, concerts and performances we had. Trust me, I don't give that away to just anybody. That's something special." He smiled.

Ethan's phone rings.

"Thanks a lot," I say.

"Hello?" Ethan says through the speaker of his cell phone. There was a long silence...
"WHAT?!?! No, no...Mr. McFire, that...that can't be!. There must be another Way!" Ethan sighed. "Okay then. We'll find another plan." Ethan got off the phone and told us about the conversation.
"That was Mr. McFire. Our apartment got caught on fire because Joey's mom was cooking her normal fried chicken and the stove got caught on fire...again. We'll have to get another place to stay in before our concert."

Everybody glared at Joey.

"What?" Joey said. "It ain't my fault. I told her never to use the stove ever again!"

Everybody was silent.

Kyle's face lit up later. "I have an idea!"

He stood up. "Addie, could we click in your house for a while. It's only for a few days--before our concert."

OMG.

"Are you absurd? Mr. McFire will never approve of this!" Ben said.

"Who cares what he thinks? We need a place to stay!" Joe said.

"Yeah," Kyle agrees. "Is it fine with you?"

"Ehheh, erm...i'll be back in a while..." i said.

The group stared at me for a moment.

Was this really happening? Click 5 would be staying in MY HOUSE for a few days before their big performance. What would my parents say? I can't tell them that I'm actually going to allow a big bunch of strangers in my house who are actually a big popular celebrity music group who needs a place to stay for a few days before their performance just because one of the band's members' Mom made their apartment get caught on fire because she was making fried chicken on the stove!