My Guardian Angel

The Revealed Secret

Kyle plopped on the couch and sighed, “Man, I’m so drained, dude.”

“Don’t be, man,” Ben said. “Not today anyWay. We still have to practice ‘Happy Birthday’.” He chuckled.

“Ben’s got a point, though,” Joey joined in. “We haven’t practiced a few songs yet and…”
He turned to me and cocked one eyebrow. “Do you have a basement here?”

BBBAAANNNGGG!!!

We all gaped at Ethan.

Ethan grinned as he held his bass guitar up high and pointed at the amplifier. “Sorry.”

Turning back…
I nodded. “Yeah, and we have an amplifier too…which is weird because…”

OOPS!

There was a short silence.

“You have an amp in your basement?” Ethan asked in amusement.

What was I going to say? I tried to look like some kind of innocent little girl who had a huge celebrity group hanging around in her house while she tries to hide her secret about once being a huge and skilled guitarist and was featured on Jay Leno’s show because of such a wonderful talent.
OOPS. Aww….great, now you know my secret. X)

Haha.

“Well…umm…yeah,” I stuttered.
Ben and Joe raced to the basement and opened up the door to see the sinister room. No one had been in there for 3 months because everyone had been so busy lately so…yeah.

“Wicked!!!” Ben bellowed.
Ethan and Joey followed after the two and joined in the admiration.

Kyle was just blankly staring into thin air.

“Kyle?” I said. “Is there anything wrong? You’ve been acting differently since we got here.”

Kyle shook his head which snapped him out of his reverie.
“Oh…”

“I’m sorry,” he said. “It’s just…”

There was a nasty silence that fell between us.

“Addie, can I trust you?” Kyle asked me in a soft and gentle voice.

“Sure, of course,” I answered nonchalantly.

Kyle leaned to the side of the divan and said, “Sit down.”

My brown hair slid of my hair and covered my face. I did what I was told and sighed.

“Addie, no one and no one in the band knows ‘bout this, okay, so you have to keep this on the down low, do you understand me? When they find out, they’ll be too traumatized to even bother to keep the band,” Kyle said.

I nod.
“Kyle, is this something bad?”

“I just found out a few days ago and its been bothering me for the whole day. I have…”

My sweat glands started producing endless sweat beads that kept rolling down my face. My heart seemed to stop pounding as if thorns were piercing through it. Guns were shooting right through me, and the next thing I know is that I’ll be in the hospital as faces glare at me and I grip the hospital bed sheets as I try to cope with the excruciating pain undulating through me.

“I have Cancer.”