September Skies

Sketch The Pain Away

I woke up with a start, my head jerking up higher than the normal. I clutched my face with both hands, sweat rolled down slowly, my hair wet.

I tried to shake the nightmare off, I couldn't sleep at all, knowing that my father was in the hospital. With Cancer. I started to feel a tingly sensation of panic as I remembered my dream. Could he be dead? i thought. Could he be suffering right now as they tried to operate him? My heart beated faster and faster, i thought it would just come out and rip my chest apart.

"Kaehl?" A voice echoed from behind, Bob marched his way into my room, looking weary and completely tired. I glanced at the clock, 3:00 am, figures.

"Bob!" I paniced. "Why are you still awake?"

"The question is: Why are you still awake? Actually I heard you screaming and thought that a kidnapper barged in your room trying to kill you, so yeah." He said, looking around the room, just to make sure.

I sighed. "Bad dream. . ." I muttered.

Bob's beautiful blue eyes softened as he looked at me. "It's about Gee isn't it?" He whispered.

I nodded slowly, burrying my face into my pillow like a little kid.

Bob hugged me tightly, but of course. . .It didn't last long, due to my sweat glands.

"Sleep, Kaehl. He's okay, alright? I'm sure he is." Bob smiled, encouragingly.

"You believe that?" I asked, with a certain edge in my voice. "You believe in what you're saying or you're just saying that to make me feel better?"

Bob looked at me in horror as i snapped in anger. I was tired of that same soothing statement, It's never okay. . .they should stop saying that, they don't believe it either.

"I believe it kaehl. . .I really do okay? I have faith in him, at least join my army too." He smiled.

I sighed and turned away, sobbing away as I remembered each moment in the dream. My father. . .in a coffin with his cold white, pale skin. . .

"Sleep now." Bob said softly in a hoarse voice. "It will make you feel better."

"I.can't.sleep." I sobbed as i turned back, facing Bob's weary face. "Everytime i sleep i dream, everytime i dream, i dream of him, everytime i dream of him, i wake up ---like this."

Bob touched my shoulder lightly and tried to carry me to my bed, unfortunately. . .he succeeded. He couldn't say anything at all. I was making this harder for him, it was always harder for anyone who tried to help me.

why?

Why must my pain transfer so swiftly to everyone who tried to touch me. . .why? In doing Bob a favor, I tried to sleep. Unfortunately, it's not possible to sleep with your eyes open.

Bob sighed and stood up. He seemed to touch my desk and ruffle everything he touched. What was he doing? Suddenly, he turned the brightest lamp and gave me something.

I squinted my eyes to find Bob handing me a sketchpad and a pencil.

my sketchpad and my pencil. . .

I sniffed and snatched it from him, happy.

"Will this make you feel better?" He asked, watching me in curiousity.

I started to sketch, i sketched my father and me in a meadow. I sketched and a smile lit up my face. I was always happy with art. . .why? Because my father was my art, and whenever i was with art ----it was if i was with him too.

Bob kept on watching me, it was then when he started to yawn.

"Sleep." I ordered,

He shook his head. Stubborn man. "No. I'll watch you."

I pouted. My pout reached down do low, i could actually feel Bob's pity for me. "Sleep." I ordered again.

"No."

I could clearly see that my plan wasn't working. It wasn't going as well as i actually planned. I left Bob to nod of by himself as I turned to sketch again, i was finishing the finishing touches of my father's perfect face when a large bump came from the door.

Mikey came running through my door, he was sweating, he didn't seem excited, or was he sad? He didn't stop, he shook Bob and turned his head to me. . .

"Guys, I have really bad news. . ."He mouthed
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohkay, cliffhanger for the season. I won't be able to update that frequently for the next few weeks or two so yeah. Not very well written though, I promise ---I'll edit it when i get the time.