September Skies

Like Father, Like Daughter

MIKEY'S P.O.V:

I was sitting on the front porch as the cold breeze brushed through my hair. I eyed Kara. She was watering the plants with ease, her lips as tender and rosy as her cheeks.

I stirred my coffee again. The warmth was lowering. I walked towards her slowly, still coffee in hand. She greeted me with a warm smile and the aroma of soft roses.

"Hi Kara!" I exclaimed with helpful enthusiasm.

"Mikey! What a surprise! New record. You actually woke up early." She smiled. Her eyes still attached to the roses.

"Er. . uhyeah. . .Have you seen Gerard?" I asked, taking a sip from my mug.

"Backyard." She said briefly, smiling. "With Kaehl." She added. Her eyes seemed to soften as she mentioned her daughter's name.

"Thanks." I mumbled, smiling.

-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`

I reached their overly big backyard. Gerard was sitted on the grass, fully concentrated on his painting. He lifted his brush and stroked gracefully.

Kaehl, Gerard's awfully adorable daughter sat, watching her father paint in full curiousity. It's only now I noticed. They looked so much alike. Kaehl had her father's pale white skin, and beautiful short black hair, dancing on her shoulders.

"Uncle Mikey!" She squeeked. She hoped up and got off her butt, ready to give me a welcoming hug.

"Kaehl!" I said enthusiastically. I lifted her and carried her, giving her a piggy-back ride. She seemed to enjoy it very much.

"You're very tall." She whispered.

I chuckled softly. "You'll grow too, you know."

Gerard stood up too, covered with paint stains. He hugged me dearly and ruffled my hair.

"MIKEY!" He cried, still holding his paint brush. I should buy him an apron for Christmas. . .I added mentally.

I placed Kaehl on the floor gently, she sighed as her feet touched the floor. I chuckled again. Little little Kaehl. . .

"Wait. . .i shall get something." Gerard said, disappearing through the doorWay. I looked at Kaehl, all of a sudden.

"I think he'll get the cookies. . ." She whispered. Kaehl started to pluck grasses from the ground, then she'd gather them and sprinkle them everwhere. . . Grass Confetti.

I glanced to look at Gerard's painting, how beautiful my brother painted. How come i didn't get the art genes!?

Kaehl started sprinkling her confetti on me, i was full of it now. She started to laugh and giggled softly.

Then suddenly, she got the extra paintbrush and dipped it in gray.

"Kaehl? What are you doing? Your father might scold you doing that,"

She ignored me, then out of a sudden she started to brush like Gerard, she started to paint clouds, beautiful clouds hovering above the sea.

"I'm just following daddy. . ." she muttered, absently.

She started to move the brush to the side, and dipped it in white this time. I stared at it. She could paint just as well as Gerard. She started to dip and brush again, the effect made it more realistic. The clouds looked so. . .real.

She finished and glanced at the sky. The exact same clouds hovered above us.

Gerard came back with cookies. Then he froze as he looked at his painting. The shock made him drop his cookies and it fell, crashing into the ground. Kaehl smiled innocently and dropped the paintbrush

"K..k..Kaehl?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, it's not really well written. :( But please comment and suscribe. :D Thankyew. Anyway, the plot is kinda interesting, things happen. Read if interested.