September Skies

A life changed by Art.

and that little girl's life changed. With art, with her father, it's as if she could do anything. . ."

"Kaehl, this is amazing. . ." Gerard mouthed in shock.

"No, it's not, you still paint better, Daddy. . ." Kaehl answered weakly.

"But you're only 5!" He blurted out. He stroked her cheeck gently, as she slouched.

"Looks like we have a new artist in the family. . ." He muttered, smiling.

"But that's the only thing i can draw! Clouds." Kaehl snapped, angry. Such a small girl, couldn't understand much.

I only painted the clouds over my head. . . Kaehl thought. I only used reality as an inspiration, I only used the help of my imagination, stroking the brushes to complete a masterpiece. . .I only. . .that's it. . .it was amazing. . .

"I could help you with that problem. . ." Gerard said, grinning, raising an eyebrow. "Art classes with your dad, would you like that?"

Kaehl jumped up and clung to her father's leg in joy. "Yes, I'll like that very much, Dad. . .I really do. . ."

-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`

5 years later. . . (Kaehl's POV)

"Gosh, Frank, STOP MOVING!!!" Gerard yelled, throwing his pencils in the air.

"How the heck can I stop moving, Gerard?! I've been strapped in this chair for 5 hours, just so you can sketch my perfect face. . .AND THERE'S A BEE ON MY NOSEEE!!!" Frank shouted, swatting away the flying insect.

I watched my unbiological uncle and dad fight over a small innocent bee.

Then I glanced at my portrait, I had Frank's perfect face sketched complete with all details. He had a grin pasted on his face, his eyes warm and innocent as ever. There was just one problem. . .

"Dad, I think I drew the nose wrong. . ." I muttered, frustrated.

Dad scooted his way to me and glanced at my fine work.

"Ahh, nose too big. . ." He murmured.

Dad got his small, gray eraser and erased part of the nose bridge, then he sketched the same nose in a smaller size. He paused completely. . .

"Missing something. . ." he mumbled again.

Gerard got a darker 6B pencil and placed a small dot with wings on the top of Frank's perfect nose. It looked as if an insect decided to settle on frank's nose as a spot of hibernation. . .not that they hibernate.

I broke in an uproar of laughter. Now, it was perfect. Frank needed a small innocent bee to complete the picture.

"Perfect!" Gerard gleamed, hugging me warmly. "Okay, art class over, time to eat!"

I skipped out of the room to find my mother. I glanced at the kitchen table and grabbed 4 cookies, greedily. It tasted so good, chocolate and oatmeal cookies, I could taste the magic in them. . .The melted chocolate glided through my throat with the small bits of heavenly oatmeal cookies.

I walked slowly to the balcony, where mom was carefully sitted on the brown wooden chair. She had her warm smile pasted again. Her eyes were so humble and kind, her hair, just like mine, dancing through the cold breeze.

"How was art class, Kaehl?" She asked me, grinning.

"Fine." I answered, walking towards her,sheepishly.

"5 hours sketching Frank's face eh? Must be hard. . ." she shook her head slightly.

I sat beside her, happy. I was told by someone. . .

A mother is a gift. Because her life was at risk when she sacrificed her life for you. Giving birth is a challenge, but to love is a gift. Because the happiness a mother receives when she has a child is irreplacable, and the love is not earned. . .because it was always there.

"Mom?" I asked, softly.

"Yes,dear?" She answered, looking at me with her hazel eyes

"Did you ever doubt giving birth to a child like me?" I asked, quietly.

She stood up and stroked my cheeck. She looked at me, sad. My question gave a sudden spasm of depression.

"Why would you ever think that, Kahela?" She said, broken, pronouncing my real name. "I love you, why would I ever doubt your birth? You are such a miracle to me and your father. Don't ever think that. . .never."

I smiled, one that stretched my snowy white cheecks a few more inches towards my ears.

The wind touched me slightly, the coldness didn't bother me anymore. All my questions were somehow solved, I lived a life I felt confident about. My family lies in my heart, they made it percet, my life is perfect. Art makes it perfect. But how could I see art without my family. . .My family is the key to perfection.

My mother slowly kissed me on the forehead and caressed my hair.

"I'm proud of my daughter, I'm proud of you. My little talented girl. Now come, I'll show you something. . ."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for commenting! Seriously, that just made my day. Thank you also for suscribing. ^-^. Kaehl, is pretty grown up there, 10 years old probably, Okay, I skipped a few years, but they're not really important. Keep on Commenting.