September Skies

Sing My Lullaby

"Nah, I change my mind. Not fitting it today. . ." I mumbled. I clutched my dress in one arm, and headed out of the attic.

Mom didn't follow me, she was just looking and watching me go, she still had the small trunk sitted on her lap, not wanting to let go. She touched the small exquisite curves.

"Aren't you going to the concert?" She asked, silently.

I turned to look at her with a raised eyebrow. "Concert?"

"Your dad has a concert after 3 hours remember? He told me that you should come." She smiled.

"Oh!" I suddenly remembered the note he left on my desk yesterday. "I'll get ready." I muttered.

-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`

"GIVE ME A SHOT TO REMEMBERRR!" Dad screamed into the microphone.

I was backstage, humming along with the song by dad wrote, by heart. I watched Frank jump into the air and Ray rock out with the guitar solos.

The lights were perfect. Each purple and violet ray stood still on my father's position. He was jumping, screaming and interacting with the crowd.

I took a small glance at the audience, they were singing along too. And when there was time, I would flash Bob a big grin and thumbs up in encouragement as he banged the drums with his 'mighty drumsticks'. He smiled back too.

No one seemed to notice me, no one seemed to notice Gerard Way's daughter peeking backstage screaming along with the audience. No one noticed.

The song finally ended and I clapped, contributing to the praise, i know My Chemical Romance deserved.

"And now, there's a little someone I want to introduce. . ." Gerard yelled through the microphone.

My face hardened, I turned away. . .ready to escape. I started to run, but Ray's grip was coated with iron.

"No, you don't, Kaehl." He chuckled.

"Ray! Let go of me!" I hissed, blushing.

Mikey and Frank helped Ray and they both dragged me to center stage, I made subtle movements for my escape, but as little as i was, I had no hope.

There were murmurs in the audience, my ears could pick up the whispers neatly.

"I think that's Gerard Way's daughter. . ."

"They look so alike. You think she sings well too?"

"That girl's lucky to death. . ."

That only raised my blood higher. Next thing I knew, I was in front of 3 million people staring right at me. I blushed and looked at my shoes.

"This is Kaehl! She's my daughter. Let's give it up for Kaehl!!!" Gerard yelled once more.

The audience uproared. They cheered and clapped, The kids were standing on their chairs as the others screamed their heads off. I blushed again, as red as a tomato.

Mikey handed me a microphone, a big grin pasted on his face. I looked at him in horror as he held my hand and glued it on to the mic.

"Good luck." He whispered in encouragement. The spotlight soon gave direct rays to me, I squinted at the blinding lights.

Frank hit the first few notes in the guitar, and I recognized the song at once. This used to put me to sleep. When I was young, my mother and father would sing in a duet. They'd whisper the chorus to me and I'd close my eyes.

Disenchanted. . .

"Well I was there on the day
They sold the cause for the queen
And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene
It was the roar of the crowd,
That gave me heartache to sing
It was a lie when they smiled
And said you won’t feel a thing
And as we ran from the cops
We laughed so hard it would sting" Dad started to sing, whole heartedly, he grabbed me into a hug and beckoned me to join him.

Next thing I knew, I was singing a duet with my dad. Our voices melted in perfect harmony.
It was the happiest day of my life as I sang my childhood lullaby. . .

Yeah yeah
Whoa

"If im so wrong, (so wrong, so wrong)
Can you listen to it all night long?
(Night long, night long)
Oh will it matter, after I’m gone
Because you never learned a god****ed thing

You're just a sad song, with nothing to say
About a life long wait for a hospital stay
And if you think that I’m wrong
This never meant nothing, to you

I spent my high school career
Spit on and shoved to agree
So I can watch all my heroes
Sell a car on TV
Bring out the old guillotine
We’ll show them what we all mean

Yeah, yeah
ohhh

If I’m so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
Can you listen to it all night long?
(Night long, night long)
Now will it matter, after im gone?
Because you never learned a god****ed thing?

It’s just a sad song, with nothing to say
About a life long wait for a hospital stay.
And if you think that I’m wrong, this never meant nothing to you
So go,
Alright
Just go
Right away
But where did you run to?
Where did you hide?
Go find another way
Price you pay

Whoa, whoa
Whoa, whoa

Well, well

You're just a sad song
With nothing to say
About a lifelong, wait for a hospital stay
And if you think im wrong
This never meant nothing to you
Come on

You're just a sad song
With nothing to say
About a lifelong, wait for a hospital stay
And if you think I’m wrong
This never meant nothing to you.
At all
At all
At all
At all" Dad whispered the last few words, kissing my forehead.

He sang our lullaby with compassion, I never felt so special in my life as the audience clapped like crazy, they started to ask for more, but I refused.

"Why not sing for them again?" Dad asked.

"I had enough humiliation dad. . ." I whispered.

He kissed me again on the forehead and caressed my hair.

-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`

And that very night, after the concert, Dad humed the same melody to me in bed.

"You better sleep now, Kaehl." He whispered.

He started to hum the melody and whispered it into my ear, all the memories rested as the tune echoed through my head.

A certain feeling of ease and sudden peace clamed by body. My eyelids lowered. And the next thing I knew, I was in deep sleep. . .

Disenchanted still played in my dreams, and it shall play in my heart. . .forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, if this update was badly written again. Writers block. AnyWay, thank you all for commenting. And if it's too much to ask, please suscribe. ^-^ Thankyew, all is appreciated. ---seriously. ^-^