September Skies

Start of Truth

I woke up with a start, it was awfully quiet and the atmosphere was cold and misty again. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, which seemed to look like a haystack. I washed my face and finished all there is to do in the morning.

Jogging downstairs, I greeted Frank a happy morning. ..

"Good morning, Frankie." I said happily, not wanting to call him uncle, since it makes him feel old.

"Good morning Kaehl." He greeted me also with enthusiasm, taking a sip from his coffee mug. Starbucks.

Mom was sitted on the couch watching the daily news as dad sat on the table, eating bacon and ham. He seemed tired from last night's concert but a smile stretched his cheeks all the Way to the side.

"Bacon and ham. . ." I muttered, looking at his plate.

"Why? I thought you loved bacon." Mikey protested, handing me an extra plate.

I gladly got it from him and started to pick my food. "I do." I giggled, quietly.

I chewed very slowly. I wasn't a morning person, my eyelids still dropped and lowered everytime I took a small bite. It took me forever to finish my plate.

"Hey! You're on TV!!" My mom exclaimed, jumping on the couch.

And sure, I could see myself singing Disenchanted with my father. The headlines poured in and the rumors flouded. I looked happy there. I blushed and turned to the Way upstairs.

"Where are you going, Kaehl?" Mom asked, surprised that I didn't want to watch myself perform.

"I'll get a sketchpad and pencil." I answered her, still going up.

"Well, would it be okay if you fetched my notepad in the room too?" She called.

"Okay." I smiled and hopped the Way to my room.

My room was a mess, as if a tornado was in it. My clothes could be found in any free space on the floor. My chair was also flooded with laundry and my pencils were scattered on my bed. I made my Way and grabbed a few pencils before I could reach my sketchpad.

"Achoo!" I sneezed loudly as i cupped my mouth in disgrace. "Bless me." I murmured.

I closed the door shut and tiptoed all the way into my mother's room.

notepad. . .notepad. . .where could that be? i wondered.

I noticed a small pad hanging on top of my mom's desk, with it's pages open and evident. I skipped towards it, but fell with a thud when I realized I hit something . . .hard.

I stood up and looked at my palms, one was bleeding and the other one scratched, my lips were also injured badly. I felt the pain burn inside me, I started to sob, when i realized that I couldn't move my leg. The pain tickled me in every Way.

I turned my head to find out that I hit not just anything but the trunk mom found in the attic. I swear. . .that trunk is cursed.

I ignored the beads of blood and opened it.

kaehl, you are one stubborn kid. . . my conscience scolded me.

There again lay the wedding album with my parents' names engraved in front. I took it out and scanned the pages.

put it back. . .if you get caught. .kaehl, if you get caught. . . the small voice inside warned again.

I ignored the voice again, I hated my conscience. . .it distracts me and makes me guilty, but then again. . .that's what it's for right?

The wedding pictures filled half of the whole album, I had no interest anymore so I dropped the book on the floor, it gave a thud and a few random pages spilled out.

I gave a small gasp and tried to fix and arrange them again.

see? look at what you did! my conscience spat.

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP??!!" I screamed. My body,my head, my heart, and my emotions were 4 different people. I yelled at them, and I feel very stupid when I do it, because I know, that whatever happens, they're still part of me, so therefore. . .i was screaming at myself.

I started to gather the pictures and just randomly stick them in random pages, until i realized. . .they weren't pictures. . .they were journal entries.

I snatched 5 entries and curled under the bed, I started to read them in secret. The lights were low and dark, but I didn't care. It was dusty too, exactly like the attic, it tickled my nose and it made me itch in everywhere around my body.

there you go again, invading privacy. . . my conscience tsked.

I growled, I growled a really deep growl, if only i could stick a fork in my brain so it would shut up!

I looked at the paper, they looked old. . .i noticed that they were more like letters, mom and dad mailed each other when dad moved on tour half-Way around the world. Now, it was compiled like . . .a chatting thingy in YM.

Kara: Gerard, when are you coming back? I miss you like crazy? Tell Mikey,Frank,Bob and Ray I miss them too. But I miss you more. :D

Gerard: I'll be back soon. It kills me to be away from you.


I ignored all the mushy stuff and scanned the pages furthur. Thankfully, my conscience did shut up. I decided to put it back before I get caught. Then one page caught me eye.

Gerard: I want to be with you forever, but I can't.

Kara: I want to live my life with you till I die, and yes you can, Gerard.

Gerard: No i can't, it would pain you till my death.

Kara: I'd rather die than stay away from you.

Gerard: How can you do that? You already know that I'm sick.

Kara: I'll take my chances, i wouldn't care if you had cancer or not, I will spend all the time we have with you. . .


The last sentence caught my eye, I couldn't believe that word was there, that I actually had to check twice. No, it can't be. Dad can't have cancer, he couldn't. . .this is all a bunch of lies.

I gulped and noticed that I still had my wounds. I started to sweat hard. Next thing I knew, i was crying, I was sobbing so hard. I tried my best not to believe . . .but it was all so hard.

"Kaehl?" Frank's voice echoed from behind. I swallowed hard, as if a rock was stuck in my throat. I whimpered and stayed still, careful . . .so Frank wouldn't hear me.

"Kaehl do not play hide and seek right now." Frank chuckled. I stayed still.

"Kaehl, I know you're here, come out." Frank said, playing.

I still stayed still and held my breath.

"FINE!" he snapped, then he checked under the bed and flashed a wide smile.

"GOTCHA!" he spat, but then his smile faded quickly as he scanned my face.

"Oh, my gosh. What happened to you?" He pulled me out of the bed and looked me over from my wounds to my red face. His face looked at me in horror, demanding for an answer.

"Frankie. . ." I whispered with a hoarse voice. "Look at this." I handed him the small piece of blood stained paper. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, thank you so much guys for commenting and suscribing, it always encourages me to finish the story. -goes and hunts for more readers and suscribers-
Anyway, this chapter is the start of truth, and now that you know, the real plot of the story shall unfold. (again: thankyewguys)